• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scotrail TVM charged me twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryMcEwan

Established Member
I was travelling from Glasgow to Stirling on Friday, so for quickness I bought my ticket from the TVM and uploaded it to my smartcard.

After selecting to pay by card and tapping the contactless card reader, the TVM asked me to tap my card onto the smartcard reader to upload the ticket, but the TVM restarted itself and didn't print a receipt.

On the second attempt, it was successful and the ticket uploaded fine and the transaction went through and printed a receipt. The bank have confirmed that there was 2 auth codes and both transactions have now debited my account.

As the fare was under £10, I'm unable to raise a MasterCard dispute, and Scotrail seem very hesitant to refund me one the transactions.

Any advice would be useful.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

najaB

Veteran Member
The bank have confirmed that there was 2 auth codes and both transactions have now debited my account.
My advice is to go back to Scotrail with the confirmation that you have been double charged. Ask for the case to be reviewed by a manager if the case handler's response is unsatisfactory.

Status
Not open for further replies.