• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

ScotRail's December 2018 timetable change

Status
Not open for further replies.

InOban

Established Member
I would have thought that the passengers from Camelon and Falkirk would choose the Stirling services which run nonstop between Falkirk and Edinburgh Park. So your white elephant train will still be empty at Polmont, surely?.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Stopper

I would have thought that the passengers from Camelon and Falkirk would choose the Stirling services which run nonstop between Falkirk and Edinburgh Park. So your white elephant train will still be empty at Polmont, surely?.

There will still be passengers getting on there, no doubt. Regardless, Linlithgow could pack out a 3 or 4-car 385 to Edinburgh in peak times on it’s own anyway, that’s before you add on the Polmont/Falkirk passengers.

As much as ScotRail’s endless defenders are desperate to be clever and justify this, it’s rightly being complained about all over social media and this forum. We were promised so much at the start of EGIP and throughout, and we have ended up with this poorer service.

Dunblane, BofA, Polmont and Linlithgow passengers complaining left right and centre. But I guess every single one of them is wrong?

Last edited:

Mulson

I'm a Polmont - > Edinburgh commuter and genuinely I believe I am going to be better off.

I won't have more services but I think those that do stop will be quieter.

No complaints from me at this stage, proof will be in the pudding i suppose.

dtaylor84

Objectively the new timetable is much better.

Not great if you live in Dunblane and are used to your rush hour services running non stop through Falkirk/ Edinburgh Park etc but for most people it's a lot better.

It's not just the fact the train is no longer non stop - that doesn't bother me all that much, but the fact that there are now fewer trains to choose from AND the return train to Bridge of Allan is now slower than the current stoppers!

I can now arrive in Edinburgh at 08:05 or 08:41 instead of 08:20. On the way home, if I make the 17:18 service, it takes 1hr 6m compared to the current 1hr 4m on the stopper (ignoring the 43m fast train).

Or there's an option via Croy at 17:30 that takes 1hr 7m...

Given that passengers from BofA and Dunblane already have the longest commutes on the line, making them longer after so much disruption is perverse.

Mingulay

It's not just the fact the train is no longer non stop - that doesn't bother me all that much, but the fact that there are now fewer trains to choose from AND the return train to Bridge of Allan is now slower than the current stoppers!

I can now arrive in Edinburgh at 08:05 or 08:41 instead of 08:20. On the way home, if I make the 17:18 service, it takes 1hr 6m compared to the current 1hr 4m on the stopper (ignoring the 43m fast train).

Or there's an option via Croy at 17:30 that takes 1hr 7m...

Given that passengers from BofA and Dunblane already have the longest commutes on the line, making them longer after so much disruption is perverse.

Yes. Perverse indeed. I think Scotrail have behaved in bad faith in the treatment of the passengers in Dunblane and B of A and Linlithgow and Polmont

It seems the quicker journeys for Ed /Glas is only deliverable by making our service poorer. That faster acceleration is squeezing a few mins off the Glasgow Edinburgh commute at our expense. Hardly consistent with the marketing.

Fundantenally this project has been sold on a flimsy benefit that in reality does nothing other than give us all some new trains which are green. And in no time will be as filthy as the current fleet as Abellio don't know what a clean train looks like !

Status
Not open for further replies.