• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scottish Citylink

Bus9120UK

Established Member
Thanks for the link. Is there a way to reorder the posts on Twitter/X? As even on the Citylink link you provided I'm still seeing only posts from March this year, from 2019, and from 2020 (attached screenshot). I've tried the menu at the top right but that's just privacy settings and I can't see any other menu on the page. Thanks.
It looks like you have to have an account for them to be in order, sadly.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

It looks like you have to have an account for them to be in order, sadly.
Unfortunately, you need to sign up to twitter to see the latest posts. (I'm seeing lots of tweets from them in the last few days).
Oh. That's great :rolleyes:. I wonder why they chose to use Twitter/X then instead of somewhere more accessible like their own websites :rolleyes: (mostly rhetorical).

Edit: I'm going to make a new thread on this topic sometime as it seems to be more widespread than just Citylink.

Last edited:

Deerfold

Veteran Member
Oh. That's great :rolleyes:. I wonder why they chose to use Twitter/X then instead of somewhere more accessible like their own websites :rolleyes: (mostly rhetorical).

Edit: I'm going to make a new thread on this topic sometime today as it seems to be more widespread than just Citylink.

Twitter used to be a lot more useful when not logged in.

Actually, whether logged in or not.

liuwh

Hi, I am spotting the Van Hool TDX27 Astromega in Edinburgh today. Could someone confirm departure times? Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:

mfderby

I thought Scottish Citylink was under the Megabus brand (I agree the last time I used the megabus site it use to list Citylink coaches), I wonder if in time they'll just realign the brand under Megabus eventually?

They could still brand it something like Scottish Citylink by Megabus.....
Scottish citylink own megabus not the other way round so that won't happen....Stagecoach own approx 40% of citylink

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Scottish citylink own megabus not the other way round so that won't happen....Stagecoach own approx 40% of citylink
Megabus is only a brand name these days. There's no legal entity with that name, as far as I'm aware. Scottish Citylink is owned by Braddell Limited (ComfortDelgro) and Stagecoach Bus Holdings Ltd, with the latter's share increasing from 35 to 37.5% when the last deal was done.

You've quoted a post from 2020 and things have changed since then!

Scott mac

Megabus is only a brand name these days. There's no legal entity with that name, as far as I'm aware. Scottish Citylink is owned by Braddell Limited (ComfortDelgro) and Stagecoach Bus Holdings Ltd, with the latter's share increasing from 35 to 37.5% when the last deal was done.

You've quoted a post from 2020 and things have changed since then!
Braddell [comfortdelgro] bought megabus and falcon a few years ago now stagecoach are just a contractor for megabus and citylink

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
Braddell [comfortdelgro] bought megabus and falcon a few years ago now stagecoach are just a contractor for megabus and citylink
Scottish Citylink acquired the retail side of Megabus and Falcon, but Citylink itself remains a joint venture between ComfortDelgro and Stagecoach. It's incorrect to say that Stagecoach's only involvement is as a contractor. Had the original merger plan for Stagecoach and National Express gone ahead, Citylink (along with Falcon and Megabus) would have been wholly owned by ComfortDelgro, but that didn't happen. Stagecoach increased its share as a result.

Stagecoach has reached agreement to sell the retailing activities of its Megabus and Falcon scheduled coach businesses to Scottish Citylink, the well-established joint venture (JV) between the group and ComfortDelGro.

The transaction is expected to complete in mid-August. It will also see Stagecoach’s share in Scottish Citylink increase from 35% to 37.5%.

Announcement of the sale agreement represents a change from an earlier position that, under initial plans for Stagecoach to be purchased by National Express, would have seen Scottish Citylink take on the marketing, retail and customer service activities of Megabus and Falcon but also become wholly owned by ComfortDelGro in a deal slated at the time to be worth £8.75m.

Volvodart

Established Member
You seem to be able to book the new times from 25 March onwards, but no timetables are available yet.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
The timetables have been viewable in the journey planner for around a week, they're also now on Traveline Scotland.

The most significant change is that at weekends the M9 and M92 will each be half hourly with a consistent 15 minute frequency between Aberdeen, Dundee and Broxden (M9 departs Aberdeen at 20/50 past the hour and M92 at 05/35 past the hour). The M92A is reduced to just two journeys per day each way.

The M10 and M90 are also going up to hourly at weekends increasing the Broxden - Inverness corridor to two buses per hour.

Some journeys on the 909 along with the Glasgow - Stirling peak time short working on the M8 are axed. The 919 is also cut back to two hourly.

at weekends the M9 and M92 will each be half hourly with a consistent 15 minute frequency between Aberdeen, Dundee and Broxden
I wonder if this is reflecting the reduced capacity per coach that they've got available since a lot of the Panoramas left the fleet?

Blindtraveler

Established Member
909 cuts will be unwelcome by those whose main trunk or Express service or indeed who is only service he's provided by it. The cutting back of the b919 seems also particularly ridiculous unless they plan to run summer only extras between end of may and mid-september as one coach every two hours simply won't cope with the tourist load otherwise especially when Scottish schools go back and English ones haven't yet returned

overthewater

Established Member
There is hourly service on 919 between May and September, the new 919 timetable is on it's website.

With the 909, I'm not surprised its been cut back to every 2 hours, there is 16.30 on the 978 but that no good to anyone in Bo'ness.

With the peak journeys axed in the M8 on the Glasgow side you have to wonder if Ember is doing some damaged?

It seems the half hourly service between Aberdeen and Edinburgh on the M92 is just Thursday to Saturday deal? on the First week of the operation there is no Friday service as that a bank holiday.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
There is hourly service on 919 between May and September, the new 919 timetable is on it's website.

With the 909, I'm not surprised its been cut back to every 2 hours, there is 16.30 on the 978 but that no good to anyone in Bo'ness.

With the peak journeys axed in the M8 on the Glasgow side you have to wonder if Ember is doing some damaged?

It seems the half hourly service between Aberdeen and Edinburgh on the M92 is just Thursday to Saturday deal? on the First week of the operation there is no Friday service as that a bank holiday.
The timetable on Traveline along with the Citylink journey planner don't show the summer journeys on the 919 for some reason.

Its only one journey each way on the M8, i suspect its more a case of it being better to reallocate the resource elsewhere.

I did mention in my previous post that the half hourly M92 was only at weekends (Friday to Sunday). The southbound journeys on both M9 and M92 Traveline timetables showing as "ThFX" (Thursdays and Fridays only) are likely an error and should just be listed as "FX" (Fridays Only).

Volvodart

Established Member
I did mention in my previous post that the half hourly M92 was only at weekends (Friday to Sunday). The southbound journeys on both M9 and M92 Traveline timetables showing as "ThFX" (Thursdays and Fridays only) are likely an error and should just be listed as "FX" (Fridays Only).
The Citylink timetables (not all available online yet) do show these as Thursday to Sunday.

Volvodart

Established Member
The date of the change on what Glasgow and Edinburgh to Aberdeen timetables are now available on the Citylink website has been changed today from 25 March to 29 March.

Citylink are posting on facebook about a new service which looks like going to Troon.

Not sure if the link will work.

New service from Glasgow to Troon starts this week.

Service numbered 922

Last edited:

roadierway77

Citylink are posting on facebook about a new service which looks like going to Troon.

Not sure if the link will work.

New service from Glasgow to Troon starts this week.

Service numbered 922
Is 10-15 minutes enough time for someone to get from the bus stop to the ferry at Troon? CalMac suggests foot passengers check in 10 minutes prior to departure at the latest, and states the terminal is a 4 minute walk from the nearest bus stop. That's cutting it very fine for those 922 services with a 15minute gap between ferry arrival/departure and implies an impossible connection for those services with a 10minute gap between ferry arrival/departure, unless the 922 stops within the port at the terminal itself.