• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Scottish Citylink

Jordan Adam

Established Member
M92 is mostly Interdecks at the moment from what I have seen. The M10 service from Glasgow to Inverness was increased alongside the M92 I think. Before that it was a more limited Gold service.
Probably because it's mostly Aberdeen operated and those are the only coaches they have.
Are the Interdecks in Citylink or Megabus livery OR are they Stagecoach yellow?
Reason for asking is that the Buchan services seem to be short of a few Interdecks recently.
Buchan has never had enough Interdecks to fully cover all Buchan Xpress runs anyway and not all runs are booked to be Interdeck operated, however they've recently lost 54248 due to an RTC while 54255 has been over the pits at Peterhead for the past few weeks. There have been Interdecks on loan to Aberdeen for Citylink work, usually at weekends. 54254/56 appear to have been on Citylink work yesterday with 19373 & 19375 on loan to Buchan in their place.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Volvodart

Established Member
One Buchan one is off the road after an accident on Citylink work. They provide cover for Aberdeen's M92 buses, so one is often on Citylink. Depending on when you are looking, they are quite often used on private hires, sometimes rail replacement, at weekends too.

Jordan1296

Probably because it's mostly Aberdeen operated and those are the only coaches they have.

Buchan has never had enough Interdecks to fully cover all Buchan Xpress runs anyway and not all runs are booked to be Interdeck operated, however they've recently lost 54248 due to an RTC while 54255 has been over the pits at Peterhead for the past few weeks. There have been Interdecks on loan to Aberdeen for Citylink work, usually at weekends. 54254/56 appear to have been on Citylink work yesterday with 19373 & 19375 on loan to Buchan in their place.
54242 or 54252 was in Edinburgh on CityLink work on Friday too.

Nawm8

Rumourmilling: A friend of mine heard that Edinburgh Coachlines (ECL) has picked up/about to undertake a new route for Citylink. Would anyone know what it is? I'd be tempted to join ECL if it was something more 'exotic' than up and down to Aberdeen all day. That and the vintage charabanc they run out occasionally in OIG 1543.

voidwxrranty

Rumourmilling: A friend of mine heard that Edinburgh Coachlines (ECL) has picked up/about to undertake a new route for Citylink. Would anyone know what it is? I'd be tempted to join ECL if it was something more 'exotic' than up and down to Aberdeen all day. That and the vintage charabanc they run out occasionally in OIG 1543.
Do ECL still not run the 909?

route101

Established Member
I saw an Irizar on the 909, ex gold one. I have seen Panoramas on the 909 too. I take it there are no more on the 909?

Do they not run the M92?

Nawm8

Do ECL still not run the 909?
From what I've gathered they cover a few 909s and the rest of the work for Citylink is some M92s. The rumour I've heard is its possibly a seasonal run, as opposed to an additional preexisting service. That's the scope of my knowledge thus far.

route101

Established Member
From what I've gathered they cover a few 909s and the rest of the work for Citylink is some M92s. The rumour I've heard is its possibly a seasonal run, as opposed to an additional preexisting service. That's the scope of my knowledge thus far.
913 Edinburgh to Fort William perhaps... if its coming back.

Nawm8

I saw an Irizar on the 909, ex gold one. I have seen Panoramas on the 909 too. I take it there are no more on the 909?
I stay not too far from the Edinburgh Coach Lines garage. I think they've repainted most of their old Irizar Citylink Gold coaches, bar one. They've got an old Plaxton Elite that I referenced above.

I would think the Panoramas belong to Park's or Stagecoach as I don't think ECL's workshop can accommodate deckers, again a rumour.

913 Edinburgh to Fort William perhaps... if its coming back.
That would be good; didn't Lothian run that for a spell?

Last edited by a moderator:

oldman

The 913 ran last year via Perth. I went on it last August and it was quite busy, mostly with day-trippers, a lot from Halbeath, where they changed driver.

Jordan Adam

Established Member
Perhaps there could be an additional run on the 978 from Edinburgh to Oban in the morning returning from Oban to Edinburgh in the late afternoon?

oldman

I was on it in 2021 and 2022 - 2021 was definitely Rennies in white, last year was Citylink livery but I don't remember the operator name.

InOban

Established Member
There are two reasons why the 913 might survive. First it runs in the opposite schedule, although it would be better to run slightly later so that it can pick up early arrivals at Edinburgh Airport. Secondly, because it runs via Perth or at least Broxden, it has a connection from Dundee/Aberdeen

InOban

Established Member
I wonder what route it's taking - is it following the M8 and leaving it just to access Livingston? And who's going to operate it - the existing service from Glasgow to Edinburgh Airport is operated by West Coast motors,

Scotrail314209

Established Member
I wonder if it’s going to replace the AIR service? I can’t see more buses to Edinburgh Airport being that high in demand.

Caters nicely for a Livingston to Glasgow flow though, especially since the X51 stopped some time ago.

GusB

Established Member
Associate Staff
Buses & Coaches
New 902 service between Glasgow and Edinburgh Airport via Livingston
The link you've posted was to the search page, which returned no meaningful results. Please link to the individual service registration pages in future.

Registration numberPM0001031/115
Licence NumberPM0001031
Variation number0
StatusNew
Service number.902
Service typeLimited Stop
Start pointBuchanan Bus Station, Glasgow
Finish pointEdinburgh Airport
ViaLivingston
Date received20 Jan 2023
Effective date06 Mar 2023
End date