• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seabraes Bridge (Dundee)

Status
Not open for further replies.

najaB

Veteran Member
Nice timelapse video of the new pedestrian bridge being lifted into place in Dundee last week:
[youtube]iEs12yz0SF8[/youtube]

Edit: For anyone who isn't familiar with the area, this bridge will knock 15 minutes off this walk and connect the Perth Road area to the waterfront.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DEE-DE

So Tesco's Bridge opened today. The big Tesco is really the only thing that is now easier to reach. The apartments there aren't finished yet and anything is already past the rail bridge, where there is another crossing or close enough to the railway station where you can get across as well.

Some of you might be interested in using the bridge as a vantage point. I attached some bad quality mobile pics to show what you can see. Sorry, no trains, I was just shopping.

There's a glass barrier which is about 1.8m tall above the tracks, going down to what I guess is 1.5m past the tracks. The stairs and approach only have a metal barrier though, might be good for photos as well, as the barrier isn't very high and you'll be higher up than the fence surrounding the line.

Attachments

• 2015-06-16 17.12.43.jpg
    2015-06-16 17.12.43.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 2015-06-16 17.12.53.jpg
    2015-06-16 17.12.53.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 25

PaxVobiscum

Established Member
Funny - I took some photos in Dundee on 16th May and didn't notice the new bridge at all. Here it is in a crop from a (fairly poor) attempt at the Tay Bridge against the evening sun - the Tesco bridge is there to be seen now that I know to look for it.

Attachments

• tay bridge.jpg
    tay bridge.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.