• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season Ticket Edinburgh Waverley - Edinburgh Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave87016

Established Member
Pleaae could some one kindly let me know how much a weekly ticket is for the train from Edinburgh Waverley - Edinburgh Park and also would I be allowed to exit at Haymarket ? I'm in Edinburgh for the weekend but think a weekly ticket might be cheaper than getting returns

Many thanks in advance or any help much appreciated

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
The price of a day return from Waverley to Edinburgh Park is £4.10 (travel before 0915) or £3.00 for journeys after 0915.

A weekly ticket (7 days) is £17.20 so would make sense only if you travel out and back 5 times over the course of a week, during rush hour.

You can get on and off at Haymarket at no extra cost.

dave87016

Established Member
The price of a day return from Waverley to Edinburgh Park is £4.10 (travel before 0915) or £3.00 for journeys after 0915.

A weekly ticket (7 days) is £17.20 so would make sense only if you travel out and back 5 times over the course of a week, during rush hour.

You can get on and off at Haymarket at no extra cost.

Can I get off at Haymarket and exit the station for a few hours and then resume my journey to Edinburgh Park or Edinburgh Waverley on a off peak return?

Thanks for your reply Merseysider I appreciate it

class17

Pleaae could some one kindly let me know how much a weekly ticket is for the train from Edinburgh Waverley - Edinburgh Park and also would I be allowed to exit at Haymarket ? I'm in Edinburgh for the weekend but think a weekly ticket might be cheaper than getting returns

Many thanks in advance or any help much appreciated

If you are arriving by train on Saturday morning and leaving by train on Sunday evening, you could choose to purchase a PlusBus ticket for

Day prices:
Adult: £3.40
Child: £1.70
Railcard holder: £2.25

It is not valid to Edinburgh Park railway station however, but is valid to Edinburgh Park tram stop, as well as loads of places on the bus.

You would need to purchase one for each day of course, two for the weekend. Good value if you are a railcard holder.

http://www.plusbus.info/edinburgh

Enjoy your weekend.

dave87016

Established Member
If you are arriving by train on Saturday morning and leaving by train on Sunday evening, you could choose to purchase a PlusBus ticket for

Day prices:
Adult: £3.40
Child: £1.70
Railcard holder: £2.25

It is not valid to Edinburgh Park railway station however, but is valid to Edinburgh Park tram stop, as well as loads of places on the bus.

You would need to purchase one for each day of course, two for the weekend. Good value if you are a railcard holder.

http://www.plusbus.info/edinburgh

Enjoy your weekend.

Thank you very much mate for your advice we are staying at PI Edinburgh Park we are going for a bit of spotting but mostly sampling the pubs , we arrive Waverley at 18:15pm on Friday and leave Sunday on the 1130am train from Waverley

dave87016

Established Member
That was for a one day ticket - this time round I'm asking about a multiple journey over a weekend probably like 4 - 6 return journeys between Friday and Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.