• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket for Basingstoke to Queenstown Road (Battersea) - extra validity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwuk

I have a season ticket for Basingstoke to Queenstown Road (Battersea), of the "via London" flavour that allows me to go via London Waterloo - essential given the paucity of peak services that stop at Clapham Junction.

During the recent-ish disruption caused by a line-side fire, I used Battersea Park to get to Clapham Junction. I was expecting to have to ask staff at the barriers to let me through, but my ticket opened the barrier. Is this (being able to go Battersea Park -> Clapham Junction) something my ticket entitles me to, or was this something that was "relaxed" on the day?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

kieron

Established Member
It may not be particularly obvious that Queenstown Road is on the way between Basingstoke and Battersea Park with a "London not Underground" ticket, but it is.

The ticket is valid via Woking, Wimbledon, Clapham Junction and London. More specifically, it includes Basingstoke-Calpham Junction-Queenstown Road-London Waterloo-London Victoria-Battersea Park. The journey between Waterloo and Victoria is a transfer (i.e., make your own arrangements, and only allowed here when this leg takes place in the early morning), and everything else is on a train.

As fairysdad says, having a season ticket (or any other ticket on which you are allowed to break your journey) means that you are allowed to finish your journey early at somewhere like Queenstown Road.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
Do you mean "...-Clapham Junction-Battersea Park-Victoria-Waterloo-Queenstown Road" rather than the other way round?

kieron

Established Member
Yes, sorry. The reasoning is the same for tickets to Battersea Park or to Queenstown Road, and I put the wrong one there by mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.