• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Season ticket incl London Zones 1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me if there is a season ticket calculator that can give me weekly, monthly and annual prices from Audley End to London Liverpool St, but includes London Zones 1-2, please ? The National Rail Enquiries calculator only gives standard season ticket price (no Underground/DLR) or season ticket price (including London Zones 1-6). As I work in Canary Wharf, I don't need Zones 1-6, I just need Zones 1-2, but can't seem to find anyone that gives me that option.

Many thanks in advance !

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Just to expand on DaiGog's answer, as you pass through Zones 1-6 on the way from Audley End to Liverpool Street, the Travelcard is sold as Audley End to London Zones 1-6.

You could save money, at the expense of an extended journey time, by changing to a train heading to Stratford at Tottenham Hale and picking up the DLR or Jubilee Line there. If you do that, you'd only need an Audley End to London Zones 2-6 Travelcard.

At current prices (tickets dated to start no later than 1st January 2016), that'd be £4688 for the year instead of £5404, saving £716. From 2nd January, it's £4732 instead of £5456, saving £724.

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
As a rule of thumb, all outboundary Travelcards must include all the zones travelled through, so will always include at least Zones 5 and 6 (two zones minimum).

Occasionally it is cheaper to buy a separate Travelcard for only the zones required, but it is rarely the case.

MikeWh

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
As a rule of thumb, all outboundary Travelcards must include all the zones travelled through, so will always include at least Zones 5 and 6 (two zones minimum).

Occasionally it is cheaper to buy a separate Travelcard for only the zones required, but it is rarely the case.

Indeed it is often the case that the difference between a season to London Terminals and one to zones 1-6 is less than the price of a zones 1-2 travelcard season.

Status
Not open for further replies.