• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seatfrog upgrade reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman

Established Member
I've got a Seatfrog first class upgrade for a journey from London to Edinburgh on Friday, using their instant upgrade feature. I got the barcode complete with a new seat reservation, which I looked up on a seat map - rear facing aisle seat on a table of four.

As I'm travelling alone, that's decidedly unattractive, and I'd far rather nab a single airline seat. I take it no-one is going to be too worried if I do? I've sat in different seats on advance tickets loads of times, and no-one has ever raised the issue.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

E759

I've got a Seatfrog first class upgrade for a journey from London to Edinburgh on Friday, using their instant upgrade feature. I got the barcode complete with a new seat reservation, which I looked up on a seat map - rear facing aisle seat on a table of four.

As I'm travelling alone, that's decidedly unattractive, and I'd far rather nab a single airline seat. I take it no-one is going to be too worried if I do? I've sat in different seats on advance tickets loads of times, and no-one has ever raised the issue.
I usually end up moving with Seatfrog. Never had an issue.

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Any unreserved seat should be fine.

Failed Unit

Established Member

I have only ever got successful once on seat frog, I had the opposite problem, it put me and my travel companion on 2x single seats. We moved to a table. Very odd it doesn't try to keep people together. The train in question was empty (well 5 people in the coach I was in is as good as empty)

Tetchytyke

Veteran Member
Seatfrog tends to be on the quieter services, as you'd expect, so there should be plenty of unreserved seats to move to.

tom73

First time using Seatfrog. Travelling LNER Monday morning 25th. Shows bidding starting at £7. At what point does the bidding close and what happens when it does? Seatfrog newbie.

E759

First time using Seatfrog. Travelling LNER Monday morning 25th. Shows bidding starting at £7. At what point does the bidding close and what happens when it does? Seatfrog newbie.
https://help.seatfrog.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000791576-When-does-bidding-start-and-end-
The start and end times for auctions will differ so it is best to refer to the Seatfrog app for the most up to date opening time for your auction. You will see this once you have added your trip into the app and auction opening times are confirmed.

Make sure you enable push notifications so we can let you know when the auction starts.

https://help.seatfrog.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360000791616-How-do-I-claim-my-upgrade-
When you win a Seatfrog upgrade we send you an upgrade barcode directly to your device as well as in an email to your registered email address.
If you've not won an upgrade, the App will tell you shortly after the auction closes.

Lots of help in the FAQ.

Status
Not open for further replies.