• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Seeking a graduate scheme in the transport industry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harshil

Hi I am a final year university student coming to the end of my degree. I study Project Management for Construction at UCL and I am open to graduate opportunities in the transport industry, from transport planning roles to project management and construction roles.

If anyone knows of any opportunities or works for a company that is actively hiring let me know!

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

RJ

Established Member
Hi I am a final year university student coming to the end of my degree. I study Project Management for Construction at UCL and I am open to graduate opportunities in the transport industry, from transport planning roles to project management and construction roles.

If anyone knows of any opportunities or works for a company that is actively hiring let me know!

Thanks

Pretty much all of the major bus and rail transport firms offer a graduate scheme and advertise them on their websites. Same goes for consultancies and construction companies.

BantamMenace

I was in similar shoes to you 3 and a half years ago but studying Finance.

I applied for:
-Operations management at cross country, I think this scheme still exists.
-Operations management at Royal Mail.
-Project management at Network Rail.
-Corporate Development at Manchester Airports Group
-Finance at Jaguar Land Rover (seriously considered applying for logistics instead of Finance.

I was lucky enough to get a place on the latter scheme and I’ve been extremely happy with the job ever since.

When I was looking there were also schemes at First group where you went around several subsidiaries of the business including rail, buses and including both the maintenance side and the operations side of either. I didn’t apply for this as they expected you to move to any corner of the country at relatively short notice every six months.
National express had something similar (although I don’t think they have a rail franchise anymore).
British airways have a well regarded graduate scheme as do other airlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.