• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sentinel card when leaving a company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1867Blue

Hi all,

I am leaving my current company and I am in the process of handing back all my belongings, PPE, corporate clothing etc.

the company are saying that I should hand in my sentinel card as they paid for it. Just wondering if this is right?

I’m going to cut the card up before so return if I have to return it as I don’t want anybody else using it.

thanks in advance

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Darandio

Established Member
Hi all,

I am leaving my current company and I am in the process of handing back all my belongings, PPE, corporate clothing etc.

the company are saying that I should hand in my sentinel card as they paid for it. Just wondering if this is right?

I’m going to cut the card up before so return if I have to return it as I don’t want anybody else using it.

thanks in advance

I'd always assumed you would take it with you in anticipation of your next sponsor/employment as it displays your competencies. If you returned it and got offered new work straight away you couldn't go on a site until your next one is sent out, depriving you of paid work. I'm not sure that's right.

Did you sign anything when joining the company to forfeit your right to continue holding the card if you left within a defined time period? Even if you did i'm not sure that's right either.

1867Blue

I'd always assumed you would take it with you in anticipation of your next sponsor/employment as it displays your competencies. If you returned it and got offered new work straight away you couldn't go on a site until your next one is sent out, depriving you of paid work. I'm not sure that's right.

Did you sign anything when joining the company to forfeit your right to continue holding the card if you left within a defined time period? Even if you did i'm not sure that's right either.
Nothing was signed other than to say I had received it.
It doesn’t add up to me if I’m being honest, I feel the at the company is just being spiteful.

The One

The card belongs to Sentinel only the company sponsors you.You have to keep the card as if correct when you start your new job I don’t think get issued a new card just your new sponsor will get uploaded on their system.

Magicake

Don't return your card. It doesn't belong to your employer and you will need it in your new job.

Ldn13

Yep do not hand back the card as they will just de sponsor you which is done remotely and you will need the physical card for your new sponsor.

Status
Not open for further replies.