• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Serco-Abellio NT "Case of the Missing Logo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

py_megapixel

Established Member
I have absolutely no idea what thread this belongs in - please report it to be moved if it's in the wrong place!

Anyway, around the time when the Northern franchise moved from Serco-Abellio to Arriva, Serco-Abellio started removing their logo from rolling stock. This debranding procedure was accompanied by a series of posters titled "The case of the missing logo" explaining why the logo had started disappearing.

Obviously these are all gone now, but does anybody happen to have a picture of one?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
I have absolutely no idea what thread this belongs in - please report it to be moved if it's in the wrong place!

Anyway, around the time when the Northern franchise moved from Serco-Abellio to Arriva, Serco-Abellio started removing their logo from rolling stock. This debranding procedure was accompanied by a series of posters titled "The case of the missing logo" explaining why the logo had started disappearing.

Obviously these are all gone now, but does anybody happen to have a picture of one?

Would it be this poster, link to image on the railscot website: https://www.railscot.co.uk/img/54/588/

61653 HTAFC

Veteran Member
Say what you will about old Northern, but their public relations approach was far less cringeworthy than some of the stuff Arriva came out with!

Leo555

It may just be me but the colours and font looks very similar to GNER on the Flickr image?

omnicity4659

Not necessarily related to the 'Missing Logo' posters, but as an aside I've often wondered why this particular franchise used a .org web address TLD.
Same here. Arriva used arrivarailnorth.org before their franchise began, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.