• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Service Delivery Shunter - SouthEastern London Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Reece E

I'm really confused about this ad though.

Because i'm a shunter driver for Southeastern and the salary is 36000, thats without London allowance.

so not too sure what's going on here.

Reece E

They are not shunter drivers at Victoria, they are ground staff
It used to only be ground shunters, but a few years back, they also put shunter drivers there, I would know this as I was offered a position as a shunter driver there when i passed out, but I ended up going to a different depot. plus ground shunters are on around about 28000 I believe.

Reece E

There's no mention of driving on it.
Job category area says shunter driver. But it may just be as the groundkeeper.

They've probably had someone retire or leave because Victoria is always full. Unless they have further plans for the future making the depot/sidings more used to what it currently is.

theironroad

Established Member
Sounds like what swr call a planner or movements manager. Doesn't sound !Ike there is any driving in it. I reckon the category on right is a mistake.

Bucephalus

Anyone got a contact number / email for southeastern? I wanna see if I'm eligible to apply for this as I can't do driver psychometrics again

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
I'm fairly sure this job is actually for Grovesnor Sidings / Shed located just outside the station limits. They employee some ground shunt staff there but I'd agree the categories don't make it clear.

Bucephalus

I'm fairly sure this job is actually for Grovesnor Sidings / Shed located just outside the station limits. They employee some ground shunt staff there but I'd agree the categories don't make it clear.
This particular one was definitely ground staff, I emailed them at the 11th hour

Status
Not open for further replies.