• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SE'trn Looking for Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlamDoorDan

Hi,

I got an email yesterday (nye) saying i'd passed the screening process.
Still waiting on invitation for assessments.

On 19/12/14, I got an email saying i'd passed the screening for trainee conductor. Then 10 mins later got an invitation for online tests.

So I did hope that the invitation email would be following hot on it's heels - guess I'm excited and impatient....

I passed the online tests for guard, think the next stage for that is waiting for interview.

Would far rather the driver role though!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

train_spotter

Hi,

I got an email yesterday (nye) saying i'd passed the screening process.
Still waiting on invitation for assessments.

On 19/12/14, I got an email saying i'd passed the screening for trainee conductor. Then 10 mins later got an invitation for online tests.

So I did hope that the invitation email would be following hot on it's heels - guess I'm excited and impatient....

I passed the online tests for guard, think the next stage for that is waiting for interview.

Would far rather the driver role though!!
I received the same email stating that I had passed the initial screening process, but as of yet haven't received a follow on email inviting me to take the assessments.

I know from reading through some of the posts that some candidates did receive the email inviting them to sit the tests after receiving the 1st email.

Did SE send you the email inviting you to the assessments?

SlamDoorDan

Hi Train_Spotter,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

No, still no further word from SE.

I do find it interesting that when I first sent in my application (August 2014), I applied for 4 depots (if not more). When I got the correspondence to say I was through to the next stage, my applications had been compiled and changed into 'future opportunities'.

Think it's just a waiting game we have to play now - could be tomorrow, could be 2020.

Good luck and let me know if you hear anything & I'll do the same.

train_spotter

Hi Train_Spotter,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner.

No, still no further word from SE.

I do find it interesting that when I first sent in my application (August 2014), I applied for 4 depots (if not more). When I got the correspondence to say I was through to the next stage, my applications had been compiled and changed into 'future opportunities'.

Think it's just a waiting game we have to play now - could be tomorrow, could be 2020.

Good luck and let me know if you hear anything & I'll do the same.

Any updates on your side?

Kukua

Has anyone actually passed the whole thing yet?

Does anyone know when their training starts?

Kukua

Took my MMI last week too, they said they would get back to me within a couple of days and as of yet I have not heard back from them.

Have you emailed SE regarding your interview results?

Yhh they said a couple of days to me too, no i have not, have u?

train_spotter

I personally found the customer service bit easy, had to think about a few of them (for example the ticketless passenger one!) but I presumably got through it

No not yet, will do so if I haven't heard anything by the end of the week.

How many people got through to the MMI with you?

Kukua

No not yet, will do so if I haven't heard anything by the end of the week.

How many people got through to the MMI with you?

Yhh okay...i was the only one there
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
So i passed my MMI interview!!!!!

Ssssssoooo excited!!!

train_spotter

Yhh...i remeber reading somewhere that the MMI was the last part but oh well.

Does this now mean that if i apply for another TOC i don't have to repeat the MMI?

No! I say the train driver interview is the toughest one out of the 2!So make sure your well prepared and can demonstrate why you want to become a train driver and that you posses the skill needed to succeed.

I do believe most TOC accept the pass but don't quote me on that.

What depot did you apply for?

Kukua

No! I say the train driver interview is the toughest one out of the 2!So make sure your well prepared and can demonstrate why you want to become a train driver and that you posses the skill needed to succeed.

I do believe most TOC accept the pass but don't quote me on that.

What depot did you apply for?

Right i see, i think ive been put down for Victoria and Grove Park...you?

Northernboy67

I checked my Status Application, and it seems I have been removed from all 4 Depot's I applied for, but in the Future Opportunities for Gillingham Depot where I live.

carriageline

Established Member
Well done guys! Must be chuffed.

I got an email saying I got through the sift, but been put on hold which suits me fine atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.