• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SE'trn Looking for Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepperami

Perfectly normal not to hear anything mate considering the amount of applications they receive for the positions.

I did ring them on Monday to see where we are at with them and unfortunately they also have a vast amount of internal applications as well and they take priority over external ones which I quite understand and as I said previously these positions are for the future so they are probably just paper sifting at the moment

It's a huge task I would imagine to go through all the applications and I would much rather let them do it at their own pace and do it right rather than rush it :)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jamess115

hmmmm. I understand your point although for me, its not so much the time its taking; more the uncertainty as to whether we will hear anything. For eg, at the initial application stage, other TOC's have come back with a response either way. The only acknowledgement I got from this guy was that they wont be responding to everyone together. Just sounds a bit ambiguous.

Pepperami

No mate it doesn't, but to be fair, any job you apply for now if your not successful very few actually tell you, they just don't let anyone know and think we'll if your that bothered you'll ring us lol saves them a lot of time and effort a lot of companies do this unfortunately.

I remember some years ago now being made redundant and applying for loafs of jobs with no replies whatsoever after weeks of waiting and on contacting them was told that they only contact the successful people :(

Marc1986

I've heard nothing either. Looks like it will be 2015 from the earlier posts. Always a long waiting game

Surfinsaint

Finally....an email, asking to be patient, and that they are likely to be contacting from January onwards...blah blah blah!

Pepperami

Spoken to them this morning the number for SE HR if anyone wants it is...

There recruitment drive for trainee drivers is all for future vacancies

I asked why no one had been contacted regarding the positions and was told that all applications are held on the system until actual vacancies at the specific locations are available, then the applications are screened and those people suitable are notified by email telling them the process from there

Could be a long wait with no way to know how you've done by the sounds of that, the young lady didn't explain it very well to me so this is just relayed to you as it was to me

Skoodle

This is all very odd as a close friend applied during those vacancies, has taken the assessment and passed. Now awaiting Driver manager interview.

Class2ldn

I waited nearly 3 years for an assessment with set so get the kettle on guys, you may have a long wait.

carriageline

Established Member
A friend of mine has had an invite to assessment, but he can't remember when he applied lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hughqq

Applied for Dartford in August, not heard anything. I e mailed them on 15th Decmeber and no reply yet

Danastle1992

Yeah got an email on Friday inviting for assessments on 5th jan for Victoria depot...applied back in august

Good :) I'm going on the 15th, bit gutted that they don't accept assessments from other toc's as I've passed them all with a different one this time last year :/

Danastle1992

Quick question if anyone knows, I have passed all the driver assessments with emt this time last year and south eastern have said they don't accept them from any other companies, if I failed the assessments with south eastern (which are the same as what I have already done) are the ones I passed last year still valid? Or does the most recent assessment result take over from the last one?

Kukua

I suggest thise who have not recieved any updates, should call in, i just called and was told i passed the first hurdle yaay ??????

...and i don't have to repeat the assessment double yaay

Last edited:

train_spotter

Hi guys, I received this email from Southeastern.

I am pleased to confirm you that your application for the position of Trainee Driver - Victoria has successfully passed the screening process. However, our recruitment needs are under constant review and I therefore wish to advise you that your details will be kept on hold until such a time that we can proceed with your application.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your interest in joining Southeastern, and we will contact you as soon as we are able to continue with your application.

Does this email mean I will have to wait until Southeastern start recruiting for Trainee Train Driver again in the future?

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Re tests done with other TOC's I am now in training with SE & took my assesments with two other toc's (a mixture of the old and new style tests) I found HR at SE by far the most helpful of the TOCs and flexible with my unusual circumstances- I was asked just to come down to Tonbridge and sit one part which I hadn't already done as it was not part of the old style tests. That was in Jan this year so I would be surprised if the policy has changed. Good luck with your application.

Last edited:

Danastle1992

Hi guys, I received this email from Southeastern.

I am pleased to confirm you that your application for the position of Trainee Driver - Victoria has successfully passed the screening process. However, our recruitment needs are under constant review and I therefore wish to advise you that your details will be kept on hold until such a time that we can proceed with your application.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you again for your interest in joining Southeastern, and we will contact you as soon as we are able to continue with your application.

Does this email mean I will have to wait until Southeastern start recruiting for Trainee Train Driver again in the future?

I received this email then a couple of hours later had a mother one inviting me for assessments so I would just hold out a bit and don't worry too much! :)

387star

On Moderation
I received this email then a couple of hours later had a mother one inviting me for assessments so I would just hold out a bit and don't worry too much! :)

why do you have to retake your assessments if you have already sat the current ones? I take it this is nothing to do with the enhanced score requirement? even then you should only take parts you need a better score on if they are otherwise still valid

other contributors are saying they do not need to retake so can you confirm if this is new policy or unique to your circumstances?

Different companies have different lengths of time the assessments are valid for eg five years with Freightliner three years with FGW

Last edited:

Danastle1992

why do you have to retake your assessments if you have already sat the current ones? I take it this is nothing to do with the enhanced score requirement? even then you should only take parts you need a better score on if they are otherwise still valid

other contributors are saying they do not need to retake so can you confirm if this is new policy or unique to your circumstances?

Different companies have different lengths of time the assessments are valid for eg five years with Freightliner three years with FGW

It has since been sorted, I initially rang southeastern careers and the woman said they do not accept any assessments from other companies at all, so since reading a reply to my post on here I sent them an email asking the same question, I got a reply saying that my assessments are accepted and that makes me exempt from taking them again. So in the end they do accept assessments from other toc's. I did find it a bit strange when I was told they didn't as I only passed them around 10 months ago.

387star

On Moderation
It has since been sorted, I initially rang southeastern careers and the woman said they do not accept any assessments from other companies at all, so since reading a reply to my post on here I sent them an email asking the same question, I got a reply saying that my assessments are accepted and that makes me exempt from taking them again. So in the end they do accept assessments from other toc's. I did find it a bit strange when I was told they didn't as I only passed them around 10 months ago.

Good news shame not everyone is reading from the same page though

Status
Not open for further replies.