• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Settlement Association

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Springs Branch

Established Member
Sheffield is one of a limited number of places using a single letter rather than two for its Postcode Area.
Another location with a single letter postcode district (E17) is the east London settlement of Walthamstow.

DerekC

Established Member
Camden Town reminds me of the song "Finchley Central" by the New Vaudeville Band:

"Finchley Central, ten long stations, from Golders Green change at Camden Town"

It always struck me that it would have been much quicker and cheaper by bus. The internet now allows me to prove the point - 13 minutes (by bus No 13) compared with 24 minutes by Northern Line, not including the change at Camden Town!

Last edited:

DerekC

Established Member
The Marston Brook runs through the parish of Somersal Herbert on its way to join the River Dove. The Dove flows into the Trent at Newton Solney and thence into the Humber and the North Sea.