• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Severe delays “because a train arrived too early”

Status
Not open for further replies.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Absolutely, clearly the signaller hadn't had their coffee yet that morning.

However, still think it's madness to allow a charter in to Waterloo in the morning peak. If there are spare paths (which again is surprising given we're told Waterloo is at capacity) then SWR should be using them for extra services.
Waterloo isn't at capacity though. There are times during the day when trains can't stop at Clapham Junction but that's on the mainline side, not the Windsor side.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

swt_passenger

Veteran Member
Indeed, which means any talk of the station being at full capacity isn't correct.
This is why I posted earlier that although the path is available now it may not be so in the medium term, especially if NR go ahead with their proposed alterations to the normal Windsor side track usage.

infobleep

Veteran Member
Just because the path exists from Longhedge junction, doesn’t mean it necessarily exists without conflict through to Hounslow/Twickenham and further.
You'd hope Network Rail would know what was and wasn't possible.

...all of whose trains ran with (on a quick check) maximum delay 15 minutes or so.
I've seen notes put online for delays of 10 minutes and other times when there are delays of 10 minutes or more, nothing.

I do think passengers in cases like this should be informed though. I like to know what's going on myself as I take an interest in it. I. This case it wouldn't do any harm.

Last edited:

infobleep

Veteran Member
This is why I posted earlier that although the path is available now it may not be so in the medium term, especially if NR go ahead with their proposed alterations to the normal Windsor side track usage.
Indeed.

This has been an advert for the steam service though, which I'd forgotten about.

Veteran Member
You'd hope Network Rail would know what was and wasn't possible.

I've see. Notes put online for delays of 10 minutes and other times she there are delays of 10 minutes or more, nothing.
I looked carefully at RTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.