• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Severn Valley Railway (SVR) wins Countryfile Award

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Hill Bank

The Severn Valley Railway is voted best heritage site in a recent poll. Can we please have a better national rail service to and from on a Sunday. Link provided below.

http://www.countryfile.com/article/winners-bbc-countryfile-magazine-awards-201415

Sian Lewis said:
Winners of the BBC Countryfile Magazine Awards 2014/15

This year we had 12 categories, ranging from Rural Pub of the Year to Greatest National Park. To whittle down contenders in various categories, we asked an expert in that field to provide us with their nominations. Then you voted in your thousands!

1. Heritage site of the Year: SEVERN VALLEY RAILWAY
Second place: Imperial War Museum, Duxford
Third place: Portmeirion

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sprinterguy

Established Member
That’s good to see: The Severn Valley Railway certainly is an excellent day out – more than just a ride on a steam train – and is one of the preserved lines where I consider the relatively high cost of travel to be more than worth the price. I realise that I am quite spoilt to have such an excellent heritage line basically on my door step. :) I'll be down there tomorrow, partaking of the ales and such. :D

Now if only London Midland (with support from Centro, no doubt) could see fit to sort out the Sunday service on the Snow Hill lines a bit as Old Hill Bank says, that would be really useful.

Last edited:

crewmeal

If it's good enough for Prince Charles and the Royal Train then it's good to win. Well done to all concerned. Lets hope that will bring more money to the kitty to maintain and expand the railway.

West Ruislip

Princess Anne is to visit the SVR on April 13 and will probably ride on the footplate between Bewdley and Kidderminster.

Upon arrival at Kidderminster she will unveil a plaque celebrating 50 years of the SVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.