• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Short formed XC HST set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugby

Established Member
The 1325 XC service from Plymouth to Newcastle today was announced at Chesterfield as being 'Formed of six coaches' It was an HST and it was indeed formed of six coaches.

I didn't get the number but it seems a Standard carriage has been removed from one of the sets.
Does anyone know the reason? Is it a temporary measure and will the set be restored to seven cars in due course?

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

voyagerdude220

Established Member
It's definitely a temporary measure, with the affected coach needing to be removed for work to fix a fault. (I can't remember what)

The 1325 XC service from Plymouth to Newcastle today was announced at Chesterfield as being 'Formed of six coaches' It was an HST and it was indeed formed of six coaches.

I didn't get the number but it seems a Standard carriage has been removed from one of the sets.
Does anyone know the reason? Is it a temporary measure and will the set be restored to seven cars in due course?
They do sometimes take coaches out of service for repairs, and in peak times this means they need to run short formed trains as a result. That is most probably why.

Mitchell Hurd

On Moderation
It may mean about 80 less seats but at least it can accelerate faster than a 7-coach set !

_toommm_

Established Member
IIRC there was a Standard Class MK3 with the accessible toilet broken for months on it - is this finally being fixed now? The door was quite literally off its hinges

nat67

Established Member

Yes I saw it on the 11/2/19 at New Street definitely formed of 6 coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.