• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Should First Capital Connect get the 180s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Stop getting yer bags out and throwing them each other please...

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Julian G

Established Member
Was this for Southern or Gatwick Express.

A 4 car unit has been running around the Wimbledon loop every day for the past few weeks, booked to pass TOO at around 12:50 but that is for Gatwick Express.

If it is for Southern then it is very good news.

No, not for Southern, that was 458002 for Gatwick Express

Tom C

Not being mean or anything bud but there's far more interesting traction out there

So wtf was that supposed to mean "bud"

I did not say anything of the sort!!

Right, so why did you bother posting the stupid one liner in the first place and what was it supposed to mean.

Whatever dude, Carry On Frothing

Is that supposed to be some sort of highly original and biting insult or perhaps even funny? did you think of it yourself?

You clever boy you!

ChrisCooper

Established Member
What is it with this forum that any topic that is vaugly controversial (pretty much if everyone doesn't agree) it ends up turning into an argument and getting locked (if this one keeps the way it's going it probably will). What makes it worse, a lot of the people who are responsible AFAIK are adults and should know better. No offence, but the moderators could help (if possible) by removing off topic and argumentative posts and letting the discussions go on, rarther than just locking the thread, since this punishes everyone who wants to get involved, not just those who are being childish.

Tom C

Tell you what it is Chris

I get sick and tired of so called enthusiasts trying to tell you what you should and shouldn't like. On one thread in this section someone says that people who like 158's so go and get a life...........end of the day if you are not interested then don't post and STOP trying to be clever by taking the **** out of people who like something different.

In this thread a perfectly normal discussion was going on until some burk decided to tell people there is more interesting traction out there. Fine. Thats your opinion. Why bother telling everyone else? Do you honestly think I care what you like? you obviously care about what I and others like so heres a suggestion. Worry about yourself and let others enjoy what they want.

Julian G

Established Member
FCC have been doing the right thing recently
They have been using 317s in place of some 313s services for Letchworth,
Example.
18:22 to Letchworth, formed of 6 car 313, and instead a 8 car 317 can be used, that's make it two car more!

Techniquest

Veteran Member
180s going to FCC, oh come on! That's the stupidest, craziest thing I've heard all week. Sorry, make that month. Now excuse me whilst I laugh at such a stupid idea...

Well, that's better, needed to get that out of me...

Now, where was I? Oh yeah, why would First send MUCH needed DMUs to work OHLE routes? They aren't equipped for swift accleration in the same way EMUs are, so are not suitable for commuter runs in the same way as 365s!

As for the thread title, surely there's an English version...Let me get my translator switched on...Yep, nice and quick. Right, I'll feed it in...

*BANG!*

Woah! My translator blew up due to feeding such a stupid piece of language into it! It suggested briefly it could be First Capital Connect, but when it came to trying to understand 'Last Crapital Connect' it came up with lots of 'Does Not Compute' messages and blew up...

What's my point in a dreadfully sarcastic post? Simple:

Leave 180s where they are.

16CSVT2700

Established Member
Just send all the goddamn 319s to the former thameslink duties to shut this crap up once and for all..

One thing I find funny is that Julian calls FCC Last Crapital Disconnect* but froths over them like crazy? Contradictory or what..?

*Enough of this b/s by the way. I'd like to see how you could run a franchise better...

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Just send all the goddamn 319s to the former thameslink duties to shut this crap up once and for all..

One thing I find funny is that Julian calls FCC Last Crapital Disconnect* but froths over them like crazy? Contradictory or what..?

*Enough of this b/s by the way. I'd like to see how you could run a franchise better...

Contradiction indeed...

As for the BS, we couldn't do much worse than Mrs. Forster now could we...

Dennis

Established Member
Contradiction indeed...

As for the BS, we couldn't do much worse than Mrs. Forster now could we...

Never mind Mrs Forster, the FGW MD, - she looks like my mum.
For FCC, you need to talk to Elaine, the one on the right... http://nevardmedia.fotopic.net/p34071759.html

If she would like a meeting to discuss the future plans of FCC, I would be more than happy to attend brushteeth

class 313

Established Member
Elaine aint bad :P and just to think i got a email from her :D.... i like her as she wants 319s :D

Not bad... Blue eyes, blond hair and a passion for 319s.... if only she was younger :(

Julian G

Established Member
and Tom C (the guy who works for British Rail Network South East Great Northern Electrics Thameslink :laughing: )
should be Deputy Director for BRNSEGNETL :santa:

T

Tom

Yes you are. You are in a dream. I am in a dream. I hope this is one massive dream. I am worrying about Mr. Loader. Should everyone worry about him? No, he is in love with Elaine Holt.

As my parents would say, Elaine is a bakewell. :)

Julian G

Established Member
Speaking of FCC, have a look at the 319 Diagrams for today :|

9362 Bedford Cauldwell arr 26-9
9369 Bedford Cauldwell arr 26-9
9373 Bedford Cauldwell arr 26-9
9382 Bedford Cauldwell arr 26-9
9424 Bedford Cauldwell arr 26-9
9425 Wolverton overhaul arr 7-9
9433 Bedford Cauldwell (hauled from SU 'Dead' last night)
9436 Bedord Cauldwell arr 26-9
9445 Bedford Cauldwell arr 25-9
9446 Bedford Cauldwell arr 26-9
9449 Bedford Cauldwell arr 26-9
9454 Bedford Cauldwell arr 26-9
9456 Bedford Cauldwell arr 23-9
9458 Hornsey arr 22-9 (exam prototype)
9460 Wolverton overhaul arr 25-9

John A/Gemini
12 Units Absent for one day! :|
and 2 at Wolverton and one at Hornsey
15 units not in service!

Dennis

Established Member
Just donning my cynical hat for a moment, FCC ups the cost of peak travel to discourage overcrowding and yet a significant proportion of it's stock is tucked-up in the depot.

Status
Not open for further replies.