• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Should First Capital Connect get the 180s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

class 313

Established Member
Speaking of FCC, have a look at the 319 Diagrams for today :|

12 Units Absent for one day! :|
and 2 at Wolverton and one at Hornsey
15 units not in service!

For one day? seems to me they went into bedford way after the peak! for sleeping ;)

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Techniquest

Veteran Member
This is my reply:

"THIS is Nanny State. Alight here for The Lecture Centre on Standards and Practices. This is a Dull Line train to Over Compensating, via Political Correctness"

compsci

Not sure if this is news to anyone, but this morning I saw 319005 in Southern livery at KX Thameslink as part of the ~09:00 FCC service to Bedford. It looked rather out of place in its reasonably new coat of paint compared to the Thameslink blue and yellow unit (319371?) that it was coupled to.

Had Southern already given some 319s to FCC, or is this a recent transfer?

class 313

Established Member
This is very common these days, you will also get a single southern 319 on its own. These units are loand to FCC to help in Peak.

compsci

Having talked with the train service director of FCC it seems that their strategy to cope with overcrowding on GN (apart from the evening peak ticket ban) is to get hold of some more EMUs, as there aren't enough to go around, especially when taken out of service because of one unders. Getting some 321s, currently at Silverlink was mentioned. This morning I saw a single Silverlink 321 parked outside Hornsey depot, perhaps under evaluation or something.

They are also talking with Network Rail to get the power feed at Royston upgraded as soon as possible, hopefully by the end of next year. There would also be platform lengthening to allow 12 car trains to run to Cambridge (which is currently a little bit too short).

Sprog

Established Member
Can the title of this thread please be altered so it makes sense, and removes the cursing?

please?

Status
Not open for further replies.