• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Shunter GTR/SOUTHERN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Firestarter

Shunter Driver Selhurst

BloominMan

Is it me or does that salary seem low? Especially for London. Or is that industry standard......?

I know of shunters that earn more than that basic without driving them. Just shunting.

Teddyward

Is it me or does that salary seem low? Especially for London. Or is that industry standard......?

I know of shunters that earn more than that basic without driving them. Just shunting.
It’s a higher basic than C2C or AGA depot drivers.

Class2ldn

At Three bridges they are on about 50k basic so it is a bit lower but still a decent wage

At Three bridges they are on about 50k basic so it is a bit lower but still a decent wage
Sounds like a good role; and most things I read hint it's a good stepping stone to trainee Driver, albeit not a guarantee of future progression. A job that's a little different and a good grounding too, perhaps?

Applepie356

I have one for three bridges next week, does anyone know the starting salary for shunter driver???

Someone mentioned in the other GTR Shunter thread that there is no trainee salary, so I *think you’ll be training on whatever the normal salary for the position is.

Good luck in your interview next week, I too have a video one upcoming, it’s definitely going to feel a bit strange for me being interviewed on video.

3436mill

Someone mentioned in the other GTR Shunter thread that there is no trainee salary, so I *think you’ll be training on whatever the normal salary for the position is.

Good luck in your interview next week, I too have a video one upcoming, it’s definitely going to feel a bit strange for me being interviewed on video.
Do you know what the salary is??

nb2001uk

I still havent heard back from GTR regading the shunter role. The last email was 3 weeks ago saying i passed the screening process. Just curious because you and a couple of others have mentioned that youve already got video interviews etc.

Applepie356

I still havent heard back from GTR regading the shunter role. The last email was 3 weeks ago saying i passed the screening process. Just curious because you and a couple of others have mentioned that youve already got video interviews etc.

Have you completed any assessments with other ToC’s? If so let them know.

I think they are prioritising those who have done them because only 4 people are allowed to do tests at one time and tests are only conducted “every other day” so I imagine there’s quite a bit of backlog.

Status
Not open for further replies.