• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller Assessment (practice booklet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lddex

Hello,

I have an assessment coming up and while i know there is not real way to practice (in terms of practice papers) I'm a little concerned about the tests.

I seem to have two booklets. Each with different tests, When I contact NR they just send me the booklet again which differs from the one I found on the website and on the job description. I was just wondering if people could advise on which one is correct.

The one Network Rail sent me seems to have a different test at the start.

1.The Signaller Scenario Assessment

"The assessment imitates the signalling activity, in a simplified form, for a particular area. You will be routing trains according to a timetable, managing the service when it runs late and managing requests to use level crossings and other communications. The assessment is in 2 parts. The first is an e-learning programme. You will be able to access this via a link to a website, the details of which will be sent to you in advance of the Assessment Centre. The e-learning provides you with information about some of the underpinning principles and rules covering how to route and regulate trains. You will need to have reviewed and understood this information in order to complete the Signalling Scenario Assessment at the Assessment Centre."

So I'm a little confused as the other one I found on the website does not have this test listed. Both booklets are dated Dec 2013

Was just wondering if anyone has done the assessment recently and could put me straight and give any tips.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

TomBoyd

Never seen that before! But I did mine well over a year ago.

Call NR and ask for a training centre or recruitment number, and really hash it out as to what is required of you at the next stage.

jimmyvonk

Hello,

I seem to have two booklets. Each with different tests, When I contact NR they just send me the booklet again which differs from the one I found on the website and on the job description. I was just wondering if people could advise on which one is correct.

Hello Lddex,

Did you get a clear answer on this one - I've found myself in the same position with two differing booklets. :)

Cheers, James

Status
Not open for further replies.