• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Signaller Grade 3 based at Petersfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siqulme

Hello

I recently applied for a job as a Signaller Grade 3 based at Petersfield Signal Box with Network Rail and wondered if anyone has heard back from them? I got invited to take a "Network Rail Communications" test and haven't heard from them since. Logging onto the Network Rail website it says "Application Under Consideration" and has been that way for over a week.

So was wondering if anyone else has heard back from them.

Thanks

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Established Member
You should get an email or letter telling you if you have been successful or not. Network Rail HR are normally quite slow as well.

Siqulme

Thank you. The last correspondence I got was an email on the 5th September saying "Thank you for completing the test your application and test scores will now be taken into consideration for the next stage in the recruitment stage".

Hopefully I will be hearing something positive from them soon. Fingers crossed.

Established Member
Forgot to add that the Online Status also changes to something along the lines of 'Application Unsuccessful'. The email sent is normally a generic one generated by the computer.

Good luck as well.

Siqulme

Thanks. By the looks my application went in really early which is why it seems like the application process has gone on for ages. Back to waiting and seeing

Siqulme

Well I still havent heard anything for just under a month so I assume I have been unsuccessful.

Thanks for all your help.

Mechy

Trust me a month is nothing in the world of NR HR. I'm already a signaller with Network Rail and when I got promoted from a grade 2 box to a grade 7 one it took 3 months alone just to find out if I had an interview, then another month to find out the result! Just sit patiently and the status will update eventually :).

Siqulme

My Application Status changed to "Invite to Assessment Pending" at 4pm today not sure if that's good or bad.

Siqulme

Its just the word "Pending" which is worrying me as I would of thought if you were invited to an assessment it would be a instant email with the relevant information. That what happened with Southern at least when I applied to be a commercial guard for them

Siqulme

I had my assessment in London last Tuesday and now it seems to be the waiting game. It seems to get one update a month at the month

When it comes to getting a job, Network Rail consider interviews as an assessment. You'll probably be receiving a phone call in next day or two (well that's what happened with me anyway :) )

did you not get told on the day how you got on? ie was it an assessment?
also have you spoke to the lom (local ops manager) Ie had an interview?
best thing with nwr is to ring HR and ask whats goin on. to be honest yrs ago I applied in march-assessment april but never got to signalling school till end of September so nwr are not the fastest but they deal with loads of apps so bare with them but like I said give them a buzz (but do not hassle them every other day) ;)

Siqulme

Hi
I had the assessment on the Tuesday (5th) and I received a phone call from the assessor the following day saying that I passed the assessment. I also then received an email a few hours later saying "Thank you for attending the assessment center and your application is being considered for the second assessment". Apart from that I haven't heard anything I assumed it would of sped up a bit with Christmas coming up fast. But my experience with the application tells me they arent in a rush so it could be the new year before I hear anything.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I got a call from Network rail saying I have been invited for a Panel interview in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone had any experince of these and what sort of questions to expect?

I also was on the train when I recieved the call and knew I was going to lose phone signal soon so I was wondering who do I contact to try and arrange a tour of the signal box I am hoping to work at. I didnt know if i should contact the recuirtment services or the area signal boxes directly.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

TomBoyd

?

I also was on the train when I recieved the call and knew I was going to lose phone signal soon so I was wondering who do I contact to try and arrange a tour of the signal box I am hoping to work at. I didnt know if i should contact the recuirtment services or the area signal boxes directly.

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

The job description should have the name of the LOM at the bottom, and maybe his contact number.

Either phone him or try emailing [email protected]

As for interview questions, they'll mostly be focussed around the competencies that were in the application.

The standout question for me was about planning an event in a town centre, who you should contact/work with etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.