signalling

Discussion in 'Railway Jobs & Careers' started by kingkopite1892, 15 Aug 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingkopite1892

kingkopite1892 Member

hi, is it still not possible to re-apply for a signalling position if you've failed signal school?

2. Registered users do not see these banners - join or log in today!

Rail Forums

3. carriageline

carriageline Established Member

When did you fail signalling school, and if you don't mind me asking why did you fail it?

I imagine if you was unsuitable and couldn't get your head around the rulebook, then unfortunately the same would apply

4. TomBoyd

TomBoyd Member

As carriage line says, you might be up the creek.

I have a slightly hopeful answer though, in that signalling school is now pretty impossible to fail. If you can pass the new assessments, they might look at you afresh. I suppose it might depend when and why you failed.

5. pdbaggett

pdbaggett Member

Im on thd course now just about to go back into the 4th week, they recently changed it back its very possible to fail now. Tests in week 2,4,6 and then high risk sim in week 8. Get belowe 75% on any of them and its a fail its then up to your lom if they want to put you back a few weeks or remove you from the course.

6. TomBoyd

TomBoyd Member

No way! Good luck!

7. Longforgan

Longforgan Member

A couple of years ago a trainee in my area failed the school after THREE attempts at it. They didn't know what to do with her, so they had her in the office answering phones and typing up letters etc.. until the higher management decided that she should be paid off. So it is possible to fail and unless there is some pther job they can fit you into (unlikely) then the prospects don't look good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.