• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

signalling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

carriageline

Established Member
When did you fail signalling school, and if you don't mind me asking why did you fail it?

I imagine if you was unsuitable and couldn't get your head around the rulebook, then unfortunately the same would apply

TomBoyd

As carriage line says, you might be up the creek.

I have a slightly hopeful answer though, in that signalling school is now pretty impossible to fail. If you can pass the new assessments, they might look at you afresh. I suppose it might depend when and why you failed.

pdbaggett

Im on thd course now just about to go back into the 4th week, they recently changed it back its very possible to fail now. Tests in week 2,4,6 and then high risk sim in week 8. Get belowe 75% on any of them and its a fail its then up to your lom if they want to put you back a few weeks or remove you from the course.

TomBoyd

Im on thd course now just about to go back into the 4th week, they recently changed it back its very possible to fail now. Tests in week 2,4,6 and then high risk sim in week 8. Get belowe 75% on any of them and its a fail its then up to your lom if they want to put you back a few weeks or remove you from the course.

No way! Good luck!

Longforgan

A couple of years ago a trainee in my area failed the school after THREE attempts at it. They didn't know what to do with her, so they had her in the office answering phones and typing up letters etc.. until the higher management decided that she should be paid off. So it is possible to fail and unless there is some pther job they can fit you into (unlikely) then the prospects don't look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.