• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

silverlink vw campervan

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoaster

Established Member
the vw van was painted in silverlink livery to help raise money for willen hospice in mk, one of my fellow conductors died of cancer and was cared for at the hospice, it also took part in a vw rally from london to brighton to raise more money.

http://justincrawford682.fotopic.net/p37981340.html

http://justincrawford682.fotopic.net/p37981341.html

there is also a panto that goes on top.

are there any other vans/cars/ trucks that are in toc livery?
the only one's i can think off or seen are ews and freightliner lorry's

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

heart-of-wessex

Established Member
Theres a few cars that FGW have (or did) last time I saw one was in 2005 at Swansea, I *think* it was a Ford Galaxy or some MPV anyway.
It had the white/pink/blue full barbie livery, I dont know if they still have them, haven't noticed

Jim

Established Member
Wessex used to have a nice fleet of Ford Hatchbacks, that have been taken over by FGW, also they have a selection of vans that carry station maitainence stuff
First have a van http://43030.fotopic.net/p28469522.html
SWT have a fleet of vans, all with the last 3 letters on the plate of SWT

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
I've had a ride in the Silver Wessextrains Ford car :), it was debranded some time in the Summer, not seen it since.

theblackwatch

Established Member
There was a chap who had a couple of Reliant Robins which he painted up in railway colour schemes. I seem to remember one being in Railfreight triple-grey and another in Virgin red/grey - apparently Virgin weren't happy with it!

WhiteVanMan

SWT have a van that is always parked at Farnborough. Not sure why as it's not a main station, nor is it a traincrew depot.

The van isnt based at Farnborough, its from Woking, its just that the driver lives in Farnborough.........;)
The driver is a top guy and all round nice guy....
Somebody else said that all SWTs vehicles reg. no. end in SWT - sorry but that b*llocks!!
The cars and vans are all leased....

Ascot

Established Member
Central Trains, got 2 Vauxhall Astras in White with the CT Logo on and also a van but i think that went on the blink back in September.

Respite

There was a chap who had a couple of Reliant Robins which he painted up in railway colour schemes. I seem to remember one being in Railfreight triple-grey and another in Virgin red/grey - apparently Virgin weren't happy with it!

Might be the same guy,but I remember in a 1990 ish Railnews paper there was a fella with a BR large logo Reliant Robin.Have a feeling it was numbered in the 47 XXX,cheeky gimp! :(

Plus I keep seeing these white cars around which seem to have copied 47829's current livery! :)

Galvanize

I can remember seeing a VW Campervan painted in NSE colours, and IIRC a loadhaul one. it was one of those two, can't remember if it was loadhaul or NSE!

Status
Not open for further replies.