• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SimSig & Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tom

Following numerous attempts at trying to get SimSig to work on Vista, it appears to not be willing to do so.

At the moment, I have got to the point where I can load up SimSig and select a game, but the panels themselves do not appear.

I'll get back to you if I have any more news.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

devon_metro

Established Member
Shouldn't Vista support all other Windows programs. After all simsig is an executible- the main programs with Windows. Or is it rendereing the grphics in correctly?

Gareth Hale

I had exactly the same problem with my Wireless network, I got as far as installing it then Vista locked up! After the 5th time I uninstalled Vista.

Guinness

Established Member
Gareth Hale said:
I had exactly the same problem with my Wireless network, I got as far as installing it then Vista locked up! After the 5th time I uninstalled Vista.

Well it's a BETA after all.

Nick W

Established Member
I didn't think simsig had graphics. I thought the panels are just text with a special simsig font to represent panel symbols.

GeoffM

Try running in Windowed mode instead of full screen - SimSig full screen mode uses DirectX which MS have probably obsoleted or changed in some way to make it incompatible with earlier versions... The graphics are, as Nick says, simply a font.

Maybe I should try a copy of Vista on some PC that I don't need any more.

Geoff M.

T

Tom

Geoff, I have tried windowed mode which still fails unfortunately.

GeoffM

It's a shame. I can't think why that wouldn't work as there's nothing special about the windowed mode - it's simply TextOut which calls a bog standard Windows function. Thanks for the info anyway.

Geoff M.

Derek Kaye

I had to format my HDD to get rid of vista... couldn't re-install XP. It was too unstable for me I sometimes got bluescreens for accessing help :o

Status
Not open for further replies.