• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Sitting in standard might be safer than 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hulabaloo

I've chosen to sit in standard class on Southeastern's 375s as the first class seats are less comfortable! But definitely not a mugger in sight.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
The standard seats on a 159 are more comfortable than the 1st class ones.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
;)

It's a big nasty world, full of danger, you can't blame him for wanting to take precautions.

anyway, around my ways, trains with first class have someone serving drinks/checking tickets, whereas there is often no staff in std, so I'd think 1st would actually be safer on the balance of things

aye - It's best he stops at home as it is such a dangerous world ;)

atillathehunn

Established Member
I have been robbed on a train, albeit in Belgium. However, they cleaned everybody out, not just first class. Quite interesting that once everybody realised they'd been mugged and reported it to the guard, the train ran non-stop through a few stations until they could arrange a heavy police presence at the next major station and nab him. We got all our stuff back. First and last time Belgium has achieved something.

Has anyone made the first class fares being the robbery comment yet?

Last edited:

sarahj

Established Member
If I've seen any robbery on the train its normally folks in standard. Most common seems to be folks who leave their mobiles in view on seat while they sleep, do somethings else. Almost never muggings, more opportunists who pass by and grab something left unattended.

Most bizzare/funny was a girl who had her handbag nicked. Reason: she left it behind on the seat while she went to shag someone in the lavs.:oops:
Late night trains, always fun.

Antman

Established Member
I have been robbed on a train, albeit in Belgium. However, they cleaned everybody out, not just first class. Quite interesting that once everybody realised they'd been mugged and reported it to the guard, the train ran non-stop through a few stations until they could arrange a heavy police presence at the next major station and nab him. We got all our stuff back. First and last time Belgium has achieved something.

Has anyone made the first class fares being the robbery comment yet?

Not only first class...................in fact the only time I've been robbed on the rail network has been at the ticket office;)

Status
Not open for further replies.