• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Skipton - Chester ticket advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillyBoy

I would be very grateful for some advice on if there is a cheaper way to go from Skipton to Chester (single journey) on Saturday morning using flexible tickets. I would like to go via Leeds and Manchester Piccadilly and on the faster (Arriva Trains Wales) train to Chester. I've looked at splitting tickets at Leeds and Manchester which makes it worse not better and an anytime day single for the entire journey is £39.20.
I am aware from a thread in mid-January that there are some £14 advances from Leeds to Chester using Northern Trains from Manchester to Chester but I'm afraid that would not be suitable on this occasion. Many thanks.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

soil

Established Member
The desired route is:

Leeds
Huddersfield
Stalybridge
Manchester
Earlestown
Warrington
Chester

A useful split is

Skipton - Huddersfield £8.80 SDS
Huddersfield - Frodsham £17.10 CDS
Frodsham - Chester £5.40 SDS

Total £31.30

A Huddersfield - Chester single would be £2.90 more expensive than the split and would permit travel on trains that do not call at Frodsham

Status
Not open for further replies.