• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Skipton/Leeds Conductor Oct 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew32

Just asking if anyone on here applied for the Skipton and Leeds Conductor vacancies in October?

I know the interviews for Leeds were done a few weeks ago but not sure about Skipton.

Has anyone done thier Conductor assessments yet or been given an idea of the next Conductor course start date?

Any info would be appreciated.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

8J

Don't know, but Manchester applications in October have not had assessments yet. I think its being prioritised on what is needed in the short term.

solus85

Hi Andrew32. I had my assessment on Wednesday. I believe these were joint Leeds/Skipton assessment as there was a morning and afternoon group. Hope this helps.

Andrew32

This is a great help.

Where have you applied for and did they give an indication of start dates and when you will get your results?

Andy

solus85

Ive applied for Leeds. We were told a week for our results and that the course was due to start early January. So a pretty fast turn around really.

solus85

Has anybody had any news with regards to their conductor assessment for Leeds/Skipton posts?

CMPUNK

I got news today that I passed the conductor assessment :')
No job offered, 'reviewing recruitment plans' is what the email said!!

CMPUNK

Leeds mate and it says, 'On hold after Successful Conductor assessment' :)

Andrew32

Mine said that in June when I passed, usually means you will get the next intake.

mine said 'were pleased to tell you that you met the required standard at this stage and we are currently reviewing conductor requirements at skipton and will be in touch.

You may still get the January intake, if not April.

J71

congratulations to you all, it was a dream for me not to be.

good luck

Andrew32

CMPUNK

Did the email you received the other day informing you that you had passed the assessment, give you any indication as to when they would be in touch?

Getting close to when I would have to serve one months notice if I were offered a job/course place in early January.

Emailed HR last Friday for an update and received no reply.

solus85

Hi Andrew32

My email states that they will contact me within 2 weeks to update me of my application status.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

solus85

Yes mate. i do have to give notice but fortunately i can push for just a week if needs be.

Andrew32

I have to serve a month with a little leighway so am hoping start date is 13th Jan if I'm offered a position as I would be pushing it for the 6th.

I will let you know if I hear anything.

CMPUNK

Andrew32

They'll contact me within two weeks - same as solus85. Same here, I need to work a months notice so fingers crossed we hear off them soon.

Andrew32

Received a call this afternoon.

Been given another interview on 9th January for Skipton Conductor position due to high success rate in October recruitment event.

Plenty of recruitment next year I was told.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Any of you guys heard anything yet?

solus85

Hi mate. Ive been put into talent pool due to high number of successful applicants. So hopefully down the line ill get offered a place.

CMPUNK

Just received the dreaded Talent Pool email. It feels so dejecting. Hopefully something good will come from it. Good luck with your interview Andrew32 :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.