• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Skipton/Leeds Conductor Oct 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MrsSundayMorn

Hi, I sat my interview this morning for the conductor position at Wigan Wallgate and I've just had the email inviting me to assessments.

I've received the practice material but can anyone who has sat these tests for Northern please confirm that it is the Dots test you sit? The practice test just has me searching for letters.

Thank you in advance

CMPUNK

Thanks Andrew32!!

solus85 - Leeds mate :) Yourself?

MrsSundayMorn - I can't confirm whether it will be or not. I prepared like mad for the dots and guess what? It wasn't the dots!! I think Northern have the choice of which to give you, SCATT or GBT.

solus85

Hi Andrew32

How did your second interview go? Did they give you any dates on future courses?

Cheers

Andrew32

Hi Solus 85

The interview went pretty well I think, lasted just over an hour and there was alot of talk about what I should expect on my training and advice regarding shift work and carparking arrangements at Skipton etc etc so sounds promising I was told that I will hear within a week. I should think it wont be long before I hear as I was the only one been interviewed.

Regarding courses, they didn't know when the next one was but told me that there are five courses instead of four this year and one is due to start in a few weeks.

I will let you know when I hear anything

Last edited:

solus85

That does sound promising then mate. I know a course starts on the 20th Jan. Hopefully there will be another soon if they are doing five instead of four this year.

Andrew32

I have been informed by a conductor that there's one in March, don't know which date though.

Andrew32

I got a call saying I'd passed my interview and I did my assessment last June.

The lady didn't give me a start date and said I had to wait for a position to come up at Skipton, however, I'm getting an information pack sent to me so does this mean I've more or less got a job?

Just medical to pass.

Andrew32

Anyone know when next conductor course is for there vacancies?

Know one started last Monday but my notice period was to long, after future dates if anyone knows.

Also, is there lot's of recruitment planned this year when the new franchise is eventually signed?

Cheers in advance.

Andy

muz379

Established Member
i applied for Manchester depots , know that there is a course just started the end of January and then the one I am on the 3rd feb , also told at my assessment/when I have been speaking with HR that there was a course in march but that's in leeds and for Manchester people that would be for Piccadilly .

Maybe they have more vacancies to fill in Manchester at the moment or something .

Andrew32

I notice that MCR was due to start a course in March but it has changed so things may have changed since your assessment, who knows.

I have been informed by three people that their is definitely a course for Leeds candidates in March but no dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.