• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Smethwick Galton Bridge to Liverpool Lime Street, via Preston?

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Friday, I intend to travel to Liverpool Lime Street from Smethwick Galton Bridge, my local station, I just wanted to know whether I could travel via Preston on this journey. I would purchase a train from Smethwick Galton Bridge to Liverpool Lime Street.

So I would get a train to Sandwell and Dudley, then a train from Sandwell and Dudley to Preston, then Preston to Liverpool Lime Street - because I intend to spend some time in Preston

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
My instinct says no, as traditionally tickets of this nature have only been valid as far as Wigan. They may have been cut back to Warrington since the last major revision of the Routeing Guide.

I can't check in details atm so wait for someone to look through the Routing Guide and give you a definitive answer, but I would be surprised if it were permitted.

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
I've just checked the RG; Smethwick Group to Liverpool Group has no permitted route via Preston.

You could purchase tickets from Smethwick to Rufford and then Rufford to Liverpool.
There are undoubtedly cheaper ways to make the journey though.

Status
Not open for further replies.