• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

SNCF actual train times

Status
Not open for further replies.

mad_rich

Anyone know where I can find actual departure times for SNCF?

I was due to travel on the 1658 from Lyon Part-Dieu to CDG Airport on Tuesday. Departure boards were showing a 1 hour delay, and sure enough the train appeared at 1758. However it was only 8 coaches and my reservation was in coach 15.

I got on anyway, but got a proper telling off from the guard. 'You're on the wrong train. Your train left on time'.

All's well that ends well, and he grudgingly let me stay on board on the tip-up seats, but I can't work out where I went wrong, if I went wrong. Perhaps it's formed of two sets, and the second set was only due to be added at Lyon, so that departed on time? But there was only ever one train showing on the departure boards, and on the SNCF website, and that was the one that departed an hour late.

It's mainly for my own sanity, but also need to know for the future. This was a Rail+Air ticket with Air France. If I'd missed my connection, I might have been out of luck if Air France claim my train was on time.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Anyone know where I can find actual departure times for SNCF?

I was due to travel on the 1658 from Lyon Part-Dieu to CDG Airport on Tuesday. Departure boards were showing a 1 hour delay, and sure enough the train appeared at 1758. However it was only 8 coaches and my reservation was in coach 15.

I got on anyway, but got a proper telling off from the guard. 'You're on the wrong train. Your train left on time'.

All's well that ends well, and he grudgingly let me stay on board on the tip-up seats, but I can't work out where I went wrong, if I went wrong. Perhaps it's formed of two sets, and the second set was only due to be added at Lyon, so that departed on time? But there was only ever one train showing on the departure boards, and on the SNCF website, and that was the one that departed an hour late.

It's mainly for my own sanity, but also need to know for the future. This was a Rail+Air ticket with Air France. If I'd missed my connection, I might have been out of luck if Air France claim my train was on time.
Yes, it's formed of two sets. One from Montpellier the other from Marseilles. Both run forward to Brussels, each set carries a different train number.

Presumably which ever set you were booked in arrived on time, but it's mate did not (that being the set delayed by an hour) and it left without it?

hexagon789

Veteran Member
They can be looked up by train number here. Unfortunately however, this webpage only allows to look back one day, so there seems no way to check for delays on last Tuesday
You can edit the date in the web address to get round that

DanielB

Not really, regardless of what you're changing the date to it only changes the date on the webpage but the delays are exactly the same as on November 3th. I've tried several dates and they all result in exactly the same information (and no one hour delay for any of the parts of the train TS was supposed to take: 9868 or 9864)

hexagon789

Veteran Member
Not really, regardless of what you're changing the date to it only changes the date on the webpage but the delays are exactly the same as on November 3th. I've tried several dates and they all result in exactly the same information (and no one hour delay for any of the parts of the train TS was supposed to take: 9868 or 9864)
When I tried it, what appeared to be the results for the 2nd showed 5 min delays at the first two stops. On time from Lyon but 1h20 late from Lille and into Brussels.

Screenshot_20211104-205807_Samsung Internet.jpg
When I tried to manipulate the date to the 2nd, that's what I got. And the same for the other portion in terms of delays.

DanielB

When I tried it, what appeared to be the results for the 2nd showed 5 min delays at the first two stops. On time from Lyon but 1h20 late from Lille and into Brussels.

When I tried to manipulate the date to the 2nd, that's what I got. And the same for the other portion in terms of delays.
That's the same as I got. But those are not really the times for the 2nd, but actually those of the 3rd with a different date above them.
Exactly the same information appears when you change the date in the URL to any date in October.

Try again today and you'll see no delays at all for the 2nd as the respective train was on time yesterday

mad_rich

Interesting. Looking at my ticket now, I see I was booked on train 9864, originating in Montpellier. It seems I took 9868, originating in Marseille.

I didn't check for a train number on the screens at Lyon, just saw the departure time 1658 and noted a 1 hour delay (1h20 by the time we arrived at CDG). There was definitely only one train on display though, for the whole time I was at the station - about 1615 to 1800.

I guess I'll never know. Clearly some people got on the 9864, otherwise the 9868 would have been filled with standing passengers. But there were quite a few people who had made the same mistake as me.

Interesting. Looking at my ticket now, I see I was booked on train 9864, originating in Montpellier. It seems I took 9868, originating in Marseille.

I didn't check for a train number on the screens at Lyon, just saw the departure time 1658 and noted a 1 hour delay (1h20 by the time we arrived at CDG). There was definitely only one train on display though, for the whole time I was at the station - about 1615 to 1800.

I guess I'll never know. Clearly some people got on the 9864, otherwise the 9868 would have been filled with standing passengers. But there were quite a few people who had made the same mistake as me.
Possibly if you search the right keywords on twitter, something will come up

Status
Not open for further replies.