• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

So what does this mean to people in the recruitment stages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepperami

Hey guys

Got an email from FCC Last week to book my interview, which I duly did, and thought brilliant next stage coming up :)

Got an Email from FCC this morning which reads...

"As you are most probably aware, with effect from 14th September 2014, FirstGroup will no longer operate the First Capital Connect Rail Franchise. We understand that this may raise some questions from you with regards to your current application to join First Capital Connect. At this time we are reviewing all our recruitment activity and will be in contact with you in the next couple of weeks to update you further on your application status."

I *thought* the next training intake was in September, so what does this mean for those of us who have passed all the assessments and are awaiting the DM interview and if successful the medical?

Worried now that it might not be an intake with FCC, and that as Southern have loads of staff and have just done a big recruitment drive that this could severely hinder our chances

anyone with any thoughts on this please??

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

tlionhart

To my understanding First are losing the FCC franchise. (Lots of info on the net)

I hate to put a downer on things, but you in limbo till you hear back from HR. I would ignore any speculation until you hear back. This means your application wouldn't be continued further (if that's the case) meaning you'll have to apply to other TOC/FOC.

tlionhart

Then still go to it until your hear anything else from them. Sometimes those letters are generic. Best to ask the DM on your interview.

TDK

Established Member
Yeah but I already have the DM Interview booked for next week?

You need to either email or contact their HR department by other means asking them if the DM interviews on this date are still going ahead.

Pepperami

advice taken :)

Rang them and for those already booked for the interview they are still going ahead, and if successful then HR will keep us advised on the situation as its still a few months away

The email was sent to everyone who has applied, is applying, and is in no mans land in the middle :)

It WILL affect those who have just applied and have not as yet done assessments yet but for those of us who have got to the DM stage its business as usual, which is a huge relief!

TDK

Established Member

Rang them and for those already booked for the interview they are still going ahead, and if successful then HR will keep us advised on the situation as its still a few months away

The email was sent to everyone who has applied, is applying, and is in no mans land in the middle :)

It WILL affect those who have just applied and have not as yet done assessments yet but for those of us who have got to the DM stage its business as usual, which is a huge relief!

The positive side pepperami is that you have passed the tests, if FCC need more staff so will the company taking over the franchise, if not your pass is portable where as you can bypass the sifting stage and the assessment stages in most cases and go straight to interview for another TOC.

tlionhart

Here's one for you;

What's the difference between a government funded training course and one paid by the TOC/FOC? To be more specific, why would the government pay for a training course? Any ideas?

SPADTrap

Established Member

With a side order of 6 months in the talent pool! It's torture

Pepperami

The positive side pepperami is that you have passed the tests, if FCC need more staff so will the company taking over the franchise, if not your pass is portable where as you can bypass the sifting stage and the assessment stages in most cases and go straight to interview for another TOC.

Yeah there is that! I am soooooo pleased I passed both the assessments!!

Here's one for you;

What's the difference between a government funded training course and one paid by the TOC/FOC? To be more specific, why would the government pay for a training course? Any ideas?

I have no idea :)

With a side order of 6 months in the talent pool! It's torture

LOL great lol

WeGoAgain

Thanks Pepperami. Nice to know that. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.