• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Some historic aviation detective work please...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Many of you will have seen the YouTube video in the historical railways section on this forum in which I asked for details that could narrow down the date of something my late father in law filmed.

I have a similar such request here, trying to identify which year the below clip was filmed in, please.

All I can say is it had to be at Easter, and it was either 1970, 1971 or 1972. This is a very long shot, but if anyone has any records which would show in which of those three Easters the British Midland Viscount G-ASED flew a charter from Lourdes to East Midlands, that would be extremely useful. Failing that, there are a few other clues such as a Bristol Britannia appearing for a few seconds, but they would all need an aviation expert to try to work it out from.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Have you tried the Brooklands aviation museum- there is a Viscount trust based there who may help?

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Yes - I will be mailing them amongst a few others; I need to cast a wide net with this one!

Andrewh32

Have you contacted Andy Martin at Key publishing, he runs the bigger East Midlands Airport Spotters group on Facebook, they do post historic items in that group so he might be able to point to somebody that can help

Peter Mugridge

Veteran Member
Thank you. Never heard of him.... I'm not on Facebook, but I assume they have a website as well so I'll look for that later. :smile:

Andrewh32

Find the contacts page on the key publishing website, Andy is one of the editors so a fair way down the page

Status
Not open for further replies.