• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Some Questions From An Inexperienced Moron!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Snap

Established Member
Hi guys,
Yes, I am the inexperienced moron, who knows not much about MSTS nowadays, as I gave it up a year ago as I am very much into BVE4.
Anyway, seeing some of the MSTS stuff that is available, I think I might get back into it again. However, I need to know a few things first (which I am sure have been answered before here but hey...:

1.) Is DrJimi's District Line going to be a freeware release on UKTrainSim, or one you have to buy from his site?

2.) How is the route progressing, as I'm not entirely sure how things are going?

3.) I read on another forum that the Virtual Tube is like a thing where a boss employs drivers to report back to him after thing certain things on MSTS routes. Is this true?

4.) If so, how can I get involved in being a driver?

Thanks guys for your patience with me, who is such a dim whit in MSTS terms! :p

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Nitro

I also saw the "Virtual Tube" thing and I think its a quite good idea. Now all we need is someone to organise it...

Tom B

Established Member
Remember that a lot of the UKTS CD's can be downloaded, they are just put on CD to make it easier for people - it gives you stock etc too and some people still can't understand the concept of .zip files.

The Snap

Established Member
Yes, I think the idea of the CDs are great, as you don't have to get in that tedious queue every time you want a download (unless youhave premium membership). It looks good, the District Line, anyway! :D :D

Tom B

Established Member
You get a months premium when you buy a CD anyway ;).

Tom B

Established Member
Yeah, £4.50 for a CD, premium is worth £3.00 of that so the CD's £1.50. There have been arguments on UKTS about this but they make no money on CD sales - once you take into account postage, CD materials, printing, then wear and tear, they make nothing. There are some problems with certain CDs after one or two contributors pulled their content, which was pretty key to lots of CDs, but they do hope to have them back up soon :).

The idea of premium with the CD I think is so you can not only play with your new route but download activities and stock for it :).

ChrisA

Rich said:
Hi guys,

1.) Is DrJimi's District Line going to be a freeware release on UKTrainSim, or one you have to buy from his site?

It's free. (Though looking at it it is a professional job that could be sold for about £29.99 if it was boxed.) DrJimi is doing the best he can, but becuase he;s doing it in his own time, don't hold your breath for it's release in the near future.

The Snap

Established Member
ChrisA said:
It's free. (Though looking at it it is a professional job that could be sold for about £29.99 if it was boxed.) DrJimi is doing the best he can, but becuase he;s doing it in his own time, don't hold your breath for it's release in the near future.

Well, that's all we can ask! :) Does anyone know what station he is up to, and whether he is doing the FULL line (to Edgware Rd, Olympia and Upminster. I know he has been doing the Richmond, Wimbledon and Ealing bits for a while now though.) :)

Tom B

Established Member
AFAIK he's planning to do the line west of Earl's Court first, before tacklign the potentially troublesome tunnel section.

The Snap

Established Member
Cockfosters said:
AFAIK he's planning to do the line west of Earl's Court first, before tacklign the potentially troublesome tunnel section.

Oh right, so there is no route actually in the centre of London, in the cut and cover tunnels? :( Never mind, it will be great all the same!

Tom B

Established Member
AFAIK not in the first build but future ones will have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.