• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Some service ideas from Victoria/Waterloo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here are some Ideas for Services from Victoria and Waterloo.

I UNDERSTAND THESE AREN'T EXACTLY REALISTIC AS THEY WOULD MOST LIKELY CAUSE A LOT OF CONGESTION.
But they're ideas. :3
Southern Service to Horsham.
Calling at:
Clapham Junction, Balham, Selhurst, East Croydon, Purley, Coulsdon South, Redhill, Earlswood, Salfords, Horley, Gatwick Airport, Three Bridges, Crawley, Ifield, Faygate, Littlehaven and HORSHAM.

Southern Service to Bognor Regis via Sutton.
Calling at:
Clapham Junction, Mitcham Junction, Sutton, Cheam, Epsom, Ashtead, Leatherhead, Dorking, Holmwood, Ockley, Warnham, Horsham, Billingshurst, Arundel, Barnham and BOGNOR REGIS.
*Services will call additionally at Ford on Peak times and Sundays

Southern Service to Epsom Downs via Tulse Hill (if they brought the Wandsworth Road line back)
Calling at:
Wandsworth Road, Clapham High Street, Brixton, Herne Hill, Tulse Hill, Streatham, Mitcham Eastfields, Mitcham Junction, Hackbridge, Carshalton, Sutton, Belmont, Banstead and EPSOM DOWNS.

Southern Service to Southampton via Hove.
Calling at:
Selhurst, East Croydon, Purley, Gatwick Airport, Three Bridges, Haywards Heath, Preston Park, Hove, Shoreham By Sea, Worthing, Durrington on Sea, Angmering, Ford, Barnham, Chichester, Southbourne, Emsworth, Havant, Cosham, Portchester, Fareham, Swanwick, Burlsledon, Hamble, Netley, Sholing, Woolston, Bitterne, St Denys, and SOUTHAMPTON.

Southern Service to Portsmouth Via Sutton (slow)
Calling at Clapham Junction, Sutton, Cheam, Epsom, Ashtead, Leatherhead, Dorking, Holmwood, Ockley, Warnham, Horsham, CHrists Hospital, Billingshurst, Pulborough, Amberley, Arundel, Ford, Barnham, Chichester, Southbourne, Emsworth, Havant, Hilsea, Fratton, Portsmouth and Southsea and Portsmouth Harbour.

Southern Service to Portsmouth (Fast)
Calling at:
Clapham Junction, Mitcham Junction, Epsom, Dorking, Horsham, Barnham, Chichester, Havant and PORTSMOUTH HARBOR.

Southern Service to Tattenham Corner and Epsom Downs.
Calling at:
Clapham Junction, Balham, Streatham Common, Norbury, Thornton heath and Selhurst, where the train will divide.
Please make sure you travel in the correct part of this train.
Customers for West Croydon, Waddon, Wallington, Carshalton Beeches, Sutton then fast to EPSOM DOWNS, must travel in the front four coaches only. Customers for East Croydon, Purley, Coulsdon Town, Woodmansterne and TATTENHAM CORNER, must travel in the rear four coaches only.
(IMO there needs to be a fast to Epsom downs from Sutton, mainly in peak times when two trains can use the line per hour)

WATERLOO:

SWT service to Haslemere.
Calling at:
Clapham Junction,
Surbiton, Hinchley Wood, Claygate, Oxshott, Cobham, Effingham Junction, London Road, Guildford, Farncombe, Godalming, Milford, Witley and HASLEMERE.

SWT service to Portsmouth Harbour.
Calling at:
Wimbledon, Basingstoke, Fareham, Portsmouth and Southsea and PORTSMOUTH HARBOUR.

SWT service to Weymouth and Bristol Temple Meads.
Calling at:
West Byfleet, and BASINGSTOKE where the train divides.
Customers for Southampton Central, Totton, Ashurst New Forest, Brockenhurst, Bournemouth, Poole, Hamworthy, Wareham, Dorchester South, Upwey and WEYMOUTH must travel in the front three coaches only.
Customers for Andover, Salisbury, Warminster, Westbury, Trowbridge, Bradford on Avon, Bath Spa and BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS, must travel in the rear three coaches only.

SWT Service to Dorking.
Calling at:
Wimbledon, Raynes Park, Worcester Park, Epsom, Leatherhead, and DORKING.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Deerfold

Veteran Member
What do these offer that the current services don't?

I was wondering that. Without lots of research I don't know what all the current services are (though I use some of them occasionally). Are your services additional or instead of some of the current ones.
How frequent are these services that you're proposing.

The Ham

Established Member
Running the Weymouth service via Yeovil would only add about 15 minutes (which as long as it is timetabled well would still be attractive to use rather than the direct service), but would mean that it could just be an extension of an existing service. That would mean that less rolling stock was required to run it. However it would Lilley be a casualty once the wires reach Yeovil.

Whats with the Selhurst calls?

Just thought of a few additional smalll stops. Granted theyshouldnt be needed that much but i remember seeing a few express services calling at selhurst. (mainly slow bognor services or a lewes service)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I was wondering that. Without lots of research I don't know what all the current services are (though I use some of them occasionally). Are your services additional or instead of some of the current ones.
How frequent are these services that you're proposing.

Depends, as there is never crowding between sutton and mitcham (well, from what I have experienced anyway) they could do with a couple of more trains through there.
Probably one per hour on all of these I would say.

greaterwest

Established Member
WATERLOO:

SWT service to Haslemere.
Calling at:
Clapham Junction,
Surbiton, Hinchley Wood, Claygate, Oxshott, Cobham, Effingham Junction, London Road, Guildford, Farncombe, Godalming, Milford, Witley and HASLEMERE.

What does this provide that the existing separate services do not?

SWT service to Portsmouth Harbour.
Calling at:
Wimbledon, Basingstoke, Fareham, Portsmouth and Southsea and PORTSMOUTH HARBOUR.

This makes no sense at all, it's essentially a "fast" 1Txx Portsmouth via Eastleigh service, missing out some major stations (Woking, Farnborough, Winchester and Fratton to say the least)
Why not terminate it short at Portsmouth & S/S if you're going to make it that "fast".

SWT service to Weymouth and Bristol Temple Meads.
Calling at:
West Byfleet, and BASINGSTOKE where the train divides.
Customers for Southampton Central, Totton, Ashurst New Forest, Brockenhurst, Bournemouth, Poole, Hamworthy, Wareham, Dorchester South, Upwey and WEYMOUTH must travel in the front three coaches only.
Customers for Andover, Salisbury, Warminster, Westbury, Trowbridge, Bradford on Avon, Bath Spa and BRISTOL TEMPLE MEADS, must travel in the rear three coaches only.

Fast to West Byfleet, then Basingstoke where the train divides? This is silly too, Woking would be far better served by a service like this.

Let's not even mention that you want to run diesels on the juice rail to Weymouth (divide it at Westbury if you really must and send one portion down via Yeovil Pen Mill)

SWT Service to Dorking.
Calling at:
Wimbledon, Raynes Park, Worcester Park, Epsom, Leatherhead, and DORKING.

See my comments on the Haslemere via Cobham & Stoke dA service.

Harbornite

Established Member
Surely any Southern service that isn't cancelled can be regarded as good.

How about moving the Caledonian and Night Riviera sleepers to Waterloo... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.