• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Jobs - anyone ever seen any??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inspector999

I am currently looking to start a career in the railways and live near Maidstone. I have been trawling the various company jobs/careers sites for months and have a number of applications in the melting pot.

However I have not seen a single job advertised by Southeastern.

Does anyone know how their recruitment operation works (I have already sent them my CV as the careers page on the website suggests).

Does anyone know if any operating/customer service jobs are likely to appear in the near future?

Or is it simply the case that no one ever retires and the same staff go on doing the same jobs forever?? Or worse the staff retire and the jobs just disappear!!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Lrd

Established Member
I have seen vacancies for High Speed roles, I remember having to print off an application form and posting it. This was a little while ago.

So they do hire every now and then it seems.

notadriver

Established Member
Hi Inspector. You could email [email protected]. What sort of role are you looking for ? The high speed on board managers are based in Dover, Faversham and Ramsgate so are a bit far away. Did you want to get into the driving grade ?

Inspector999

Almost any operating role - just to get into the railways, I'm retiring from the police at the end of the month - and would describe myself as a very experienced operational manager - just lacking in the industry specific knowledge. I'll have my pension (unfortunately my wife will get the lump sum!), so I can afford to travel further even for an entry grade job. Certainly Faversham is in range. And driving - well who wouldn't want to! - although I think I'd prefer the variety offered by the more classic lines.
I've already sent in my CV - I guess it will be a case of wait and see.

AlexS

Established Member
I think the issue of late is that like many TOCs they fully staffed themselves for the Olympics, so there might be a bit of a wait for vacancies to become available?

RJ

Established Member
In the last few months, I have seen vacancies on their site for HS1 drivers, HS1 customer service staff and Pricing Manager. They also tend to advertise in local media, you just have to know where to look!

Status
Not open for further replies.