• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Key

Status
Not open for further replies.

wimbledonpete

Hi, I have Key for Southeastern, always worked fine but this morning it just wouldn't load my daily ticket (Folkestone to St Pancras with Network Card at £23.55.) Turned phone off and on again, still kept saying "no tickets found". Booked at 07.53 for the 10.02 train and kept trying. The Twitter account told me to contact CS, they said they could see that the ticket was on there. Needless to say when I got to STP, red light of doom but I was kindly let through. Will have to run the gauntlet again this evening but does it sound like the card itself has stopped working, rather than the download? Don't want to risk it again tomorrow and would rather apply for a new card but wondered if you had any other advice. Thanks!

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sonic2009

Established Member
The card sounds like it's working if it was read on the barrier at STP. Would it be worth checking with a member of staff to see if they can read your card with a reader?

wimbledonpete

The card sounds like it's working if it was read on the barrier at STP. Would it be worth checking with a member of staff to see if they can read your card with a reader?
No, I'm afraid it didn't work on the barrier, I got a red light but the barrier attendant let me through anyway.

sonic2009

Established Member
No, I'm afraid it didn't work on the barrier, I got a red light but the barrier attendant let me through anyway.

I'm not sure how ticket barriers work with cards, but if you got a red light the system must of read the chip inside the card?

Did you try your card at Folkestone West? And when you say "no tickets found", do you mean that the app couldn't find anything to download to the card, or that there was nothing on the card even after apparently loading the ticket?

johnmb

Hi, I have Key for Southeastern, always worked fine but this morning it just wouldn't load my daily ticket (Folkestone to St Pancras with Network Card at £23.55.) Turned phone off and on again, still kept saying "no tickets found". Booked at 07.53 for the 10.02 train and kept trying. The Twitter account told me to contact CS, they said they could see that the ticket was on there. Needless to say when I got to STP, red light of doom but I was kindly let through. Will have to run the gauntlet again this evening but does it sound like the card itself has stopped working, rather than the download? Don't want to risk it again tomorrow and would rather apply for a new card but wondered if you had any other advice. Thanks!
Hi wimbledonpete . Unfortunately there was a technical issue with The Key back office this morning . It sounds like you were affected. The issue should be resolved now if you want to try again on your phone ?

wimbledonpete

Did you try your card at Folkestone West? And when you say "no tickets found", do you mean that the app couldn't find anything to download to the card, or that there was nothing on the card even after apparently loading the ticket?
There aren't any barriers at FKW, and it couldn't find anything to download. But customer services said they could see it on there from their end and that I should be fine. Will know if it happens again that that's not accurate. I have the email notification that I bought the ticket etc.

Hi wimbledonpete . Unfortunately there was a technical issue with The Key back office this morning . It sounds like you were affected. The issue should be resolved now if you want to try again on your phone ?
Oh that's brilliant, thank you for confirming. Have just tried and it's done it. I kind of presumed that it wouldn't as I'm past the outward time but thinking about it, it's an open ticket. Really helpful, thanks, it's a relief.

Last edited:
There aren't any barriers at FKW
No, but unlike with some operators I think the ticket machine can be used to load the ticket, but then you'd already done that I suppose. I'm not clear whether it can also "start" a journey, or even whether validation is a requirement when the fare could only be used on that day anyway.

johnmb

There aren't any barriers at FKW, and it couldn't find anything to download. But customer services said they could see it on there from their end and that I should be fine. Will know if it happens again that that's not accurate. I have the email notification that I bought the ticket etc.

Oh that's brilliant, thank you for confirming. Have just tried and it's done it. I kind of presumed that it wouldn't as I'm past the outward time but thinking about it, it's an open ticket. Really helpful, thanks, it's a relief.
That’s good news, glad to hear it loaded it eventually

Argyle 1980

I've had problems using the SE Key at Folkestone Central more often than not. Get the red light on gate even with ticket loaded via phone but it works fine exiting and re entering at Dover/St Pancras.
Luckily the chap with the white hair on the gateline is an absolute gentleman and opens it for me. When I have luggage he even offers to carry it up in lift for me to waiting room.

An odd thing is I've loaded ticket Folkestone to Aylesham from the TVM at Central onto my GWR touch card to see how it behaved and it opens the barriers absolutely fine.

Anyone know if SE are likely to edge towards etickets anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.