• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern recruiting trainee drivers again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

blackfrost

Does anybody know what order the train driver assessment is in? I heard they split the written tests and computer tests up so they are done on different days is this true? Also any tips on the visual search exam?

Established Member
Does anybody know what order the train driver assessment is in? I heard they split the written tests and computer tests up so they are done on different days is this true? Also any tips on the visual search exam?

It varies by TOC. My assessment day had the aptitude tests (a mixture of written and computer) in the morning. They were marked over lunch. Unsuccessful candidates were sent home, and the remainder stayed for the MMI that afternoon.

The DMI was held separately as the final stage.

Blackkat

Well done guys for passing... also wondering.. if I’ve already completed a mmi for a different TOC will I have to do it again or will that still be counted.
due to the 3yr cut off I need to retake a few assessments but I passed a mmi only last year. So just interested if I’m going to have to do another mmi with a new TOC

Kwikz

Well done guys for passing... also wondering.. if I’ve already completed a mmi for a different TOC will I have to do it again or will that still be counted.
due to the 3yr cut off I need to retake a few assessments but I passed a mmi only last year. So just interested if I’m going to have to do another mmi with a new TOC
As far as I'm aware you may have to. Since the mmi and assessments are grouped together so you get 3 years to pass from the first assessment you passed. Don't quote me on that tho.

Gorlash1886

I would quote you I was expressly told the passes for all tests are relevant to the date of the first test you passed. One person at the center had to redo all the tests

DA1

I got told different. When I went for ARL assessments people had to only do the ones which had expired or werent to an enhanced standard, all other passes stood.

Last edited:

Gorlash1886

Yea this is where the massive level of confusion stems from as we all seem to be told different things, however as I was told its from the date of my first pass I will go with that

Blackkat

i have been told that my opc exams last for 5yrs but SE only accept passes from date to 3yrs. 2016 i passed all of the morning assessments bar one with SE and thus was sent home!. When i retook the assessments with A different TOC i was told i only have to take the one i failed with SE. I Passed them all now but the 2016 passes with SE are Invalid due to the 3yr cut off.. so as ive been now re-invited to an assessment i have been told i will only have to resit the test that i passed back in 2016... which are looking like the memeory test and the computer tests. From my understanding i wont need to do the group bourdon, beeps and elevator, vse or mmi again as that was done only last year.

Gorlash1886

I felt it went really well, was a positive relaxed experience. I'm sure 90% of people think the dmi goes well though, just the wait to find out now at least I'm working every day to take my mind off thinking about the result.

Gorlash1886

I was successful got the call earlier today, been given a start date of the 21st subject to medical. I'm so excited and happy it's unreal.

Gorlash1886

I have been applying for about 4 years and to be fair south eastern is my local company and one I was really aiming for, really happy I've reached this point just the medical to go.

DA1

I have been applying for about 4 years and to be fair south eastern is my local company and one I was really aiming for, really happy I've reached this point just the medical to go.

I’m awaiting a new start date (and medical), due to COVID, for another TOC abit further out but SE is also my local TOC (5min walk). I’ve been in the talent pool for them for a while with no luck.

ninhog

Dartford which is great for me as it's only 20 minutes by car from where I live.

If you haven’t had an eye test recently, get one done before your medical. I found out I needed glasses at my medical which caused considerable panic! It delayed things a bit because I had to undergo the eyesight part again once I’d received my new glasses.

Gorlash1886

If you haven’t had an eye test recently, get one done before your medical. I found out I needed glasses at my medical which caused considerable panic! It delayed things a bit because I had to undergo the eyesight part again once I’d received my new glasses.
I've been wearing glasses for years anyway, my most recent prescription is from last year as they won't do routine eye tests yet.

Stigy

Established Member
I've been wearing glasses for years anyway, my most recent prescription is from last year as they won't do routine eye tests yet.
You should be able to get a routine eye test with Spec Savers, they just have a questionnaire to go over with you.

However, unless your eyesight has worsened, I wouldn’t worry too much anyway. I took a copy of my prescription with me to my GWR medical in case they wanted to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.