• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southeastern Trainee Driver - All Depots - (20/09/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

ComUtoR

Established Member
Won’t be for a long time. They have more drivers then they need right now

I guess all those interviews this week didn't happen then.

I’m a Se driver who frequents the depot. Drivers aren’t retiring or leaving until a pay deal gets agreed. Unlike London depots where there’s constant movements to other TOCS

I know at least one retirement, two left for another TOC, and one left the business.

krisg92

I guess all those interviews this week didn't happen then.

I know at least one retirement, two left for another TOC, and one left the business.
Lol don't know what to believe anymore! Suppose just need to keep my fingers crossed

Sonkicks

It’s just a waiting game really after all long periods like that are part of the drivers job. Plus needs change all the time

krisg92

Do you think there is an element of being picked first depending on how well you done on the assessments?

I think they just waste people's time.

Nothing to do with assessment.

The HR team need a reason to be in a job and assessment days must tick a box for them.

Horrific experience.

Samzino

I think they just waste people's time.

Nothing to do with assessment.

The HR team need a reason to be in a job and assessment days must tick a box for them.

Horrific experience.
This isn't a southeastern issue only tho. They deal with 1000s of apps per a single role and even once its weened down to successful assessment candidates there still is quite a bit over the avaliable roles offered.

As many have said even passing the assessments with said TOC isn't a guarantee of getting the contract, hence why apply for other TOCs and continue working In the meantime.

Railway recruitment is notoriously slow especially for Driver roles on average.

Nivz

Hey guys. Has anyone been put on to the course starting in September at the Victoria depot?

Nivz

Just send a quick email about the progress of you application and they should get back to you. That’s what I done and I had my dmi last week so now all I have to do is my medical.
I’ve applied for Victoria and been waiting for my DMI since November 2022.

qprtomos

Just send a quick email about the progress of you application and they should get back to you. That’s what I done and I had my dmi last week so now all I have to do is my medical.
How did you find you DMI? I have mine next week. Any tips?

Samzino

Does SE have a big talent pool its slowly working thru now from mainly this 2021 campaign as iirc this is the latest one they've recruited for. Also does anyone know if Slade Green is oversubscribed?

bruebunny

I passed the DMI, but I was unable to attend the MMI, so I will be in the next one some time next year. Frustrating to have such a long wait, but we'll get there.

Sonkicks

Does SE have a big talent pool its slowly working thru now from mainly this 2021 campaign as iirc this is the latest one they've recruited for. Also does anyone know if Slade Green is oversubscribed?
Not sure about talent pool wise but I’m sure they are recruiting to driver needs I believe my application I’m waiting for a position to open up or needs to change before my application progresses, this isn’t bad tho as when my application continues it means there is something at the end of it.

This application has also only recently closed meaning they have needs somewhere or it wouldn’t have been open for 2 years ofc covid etc probably slowed it down a lot there is probably a back log of applicants to go through.

Samzino

Not sure about talent pool wise but I’m sure they are recruiting to driver needs I believe my application I’m waiting for a position to open up or needs to change before my application progresses, this isn’t bad tho as when my application continues it means there is something at the end of it.

This application has also only recently closed meaning they have needs somewhere or it wouldn’t have been open for 2 years ofc covid etc probably slowed it down a lot there is probably a back log of applicants to go through.
Recently closed? I thought it had closed in 2021. Dang the organization of that site is baffling. I remember seeing the app and applying start of this year but it mentioned an error or something

Sonkicks

Recently closed? I thought it had closed in 2021. Dang the organization of that site is baffling. I remember seeing the app and applying start of this year but it mentioned an error or something
Closed towards the end of May I mean the application is still there just says not currently accepting applicants, I applied in March

Samzino

Closed towards the end of May I mean the application is still there just says not currently accepting applicants, I applied in March
Ah looks like I did apply and forgot about it. Didn't receive any emails of the progression that I see now after login to the site. Oh well might call em up but what a weird way of hosting the app.

Sonkicks

Ah looks like I did apply and forgot about it. Didn't receive any emails of the progression that I see now after login to the site. Oh well might call em up but what a weird way of hosting the app.
what does your application progress say? Guess you got the thank you for applying email?

Samzino

what does your application progress say? Guess you got the thank you for applying email?
Turns out I had an email in junk that had said passed screening but nothing else from that. Ah well. Honestly had thought that application never went thru as I got an instant error saying the application was invalid. Wierd

JWS

Hey, just looking for advice, I just passed my shunter DMI for Slade green, however it has a waiting pool of 30 and I’m number 5 apparently.
So they have offered me a place on January course if I fancy gillingham.

I’m actually still in the process for trainee driver as well and just waiting to sit my VSE.

Do I get myself stuck if I go with shunter or is it a good idea as I have a foot in the door? And do an internal application in 2years?

Thanks

Samzino

Hmm tricky one. I mean that 2 years wait is hefty, that will take 2/3rds of your psychometrics validity however if I'm correct SE(or maybe GA I'm mixing with) will see your results valid for as so long as you stay with them including an internal move to Mainline.

It's a good idea tho imo to take Shunter Driver if nothing else shows up by the time they're ready to take you on. There are internal moves indeed with SE to mainline and I assume you don't have to actually resit psychometrics even past the 3 years validity as you'd already be qualified in some respects with train driving(abiet non mainline) as a Shunter driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.