• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern Advance : How to Rebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacksonbang

I have a couple of Advance tickets between London and Rye and hold little hope of successfully completing the journey next week.

According to the Southern website :
"
If you have opted to collect an Advance purchase ticket via TOD, but have not yet collected it, you may change it to a different date online without change fee (though any fare difference will still be payable and the new ticket must be between the same two stations"

Can someone advise how you perform this change? When I select a ticket it merely tells me its not refundable and sends me to a link with older more restrictive rules.

Do I just collect the ticket and take any train I want?

I'm using the app or mobile site.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Veteran Member
If the site still doesn't let you amend your existing booking when you log in, contact Southern!

paul1609

Established Member
Which route are you taking? Rye is unusual is that it has 3 advance fares, 2 set by Southeastern (HS1 St Pancras, and Not HS1 Charing Cross, London Bridge etc) and Via Haywards Heath set by Southern (Victoria). Theres about 6 different routes all together.

jacksonbang

Via Eastbourne with Southern, Advance ticket, purchased through Southern website. What is odd is there is no way to change the ticket even though the site suggests you do that using the Manage/Refund option.

Obviously Southern don't want to be bothered with this and will reply in 2 weeks long after the ticket will expire.

I know there are worse issues to deal with at present but it's infuriating to not be able to follow apparent simple instructions.

I'm also surprised there are no other reports of the seeming impossibility of changing Advance tix online.

paul1609

Established Member
I think the problem is there are currently no Southern Advances available to Rye probably because there are no trains with counted places in the timetable.
Suspect you will shortly be offered a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.