• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Southern branded rolling stock at Gillingham (Kent)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hello all,
Was travelling back from the Kent Coast this evening to Victoria and spotted, on the Gillingham TMD road closest to the Up North Kent what looked like a Southern Branded unit (not sure which as it was switched off and it was rather dark at that time) - were my eyes deceiving me?

It looked like the green circular design at the carriage ends and the doors were much darker than usual.

Anybody know what it's upto, and which unit it is please?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Cletus

Established Member
Southeastern have had two 377's from Southern for a couple of years (along with the 377/5's).

They are 377163 and 377164. They are still green, but have Southeastern on the sides.

Southeastern have had two 377's from Southern for a couple of years (along with the 377/5's).

They are 377163 and 377164. They are still green, but have Southeastern on the sides.

377163 and 377164 from SN, (and 23 x 377/5s from Thameslink) were transferred to Southeastern a while back, there was a discussion here:
https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/class-377-5-southeastern.151292/
I seem to recall that a 25 unit transfer from SN to SE had been intended for quite some time, the 2 x 377/1 must have been chosen to round the number of ex Thameslink units up.

Oh crikey! I'm a bit slow on that one then, sorry about that.
I won't have seen any of them in service (on SE's patch entirely) as I don't go onto the Chatham mainline very often.

Thanks for the replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.