• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special offer - London Midland

Status
Not open for further replies.

For about 10 days from Sat 13th Feb to Sun 21st Feb.

London Midland offering a ticket for a days unlimited travel on LM services

Adult: Standard £10/First Class £20
Child: £5/£10

To get one you need to go onto London Midlands website and download a voucher. Very simple, ive got one for Mon 15th Feb, took about 5 mins. It means a day on mainly Class 350's but for £10, its worth it, my plan is to start at Crewe, then head down to Watford Jct, then on to the St Albans Abbey branch, then upto New Street and then the Redditch branch. Then to Shrewsbury and finally finish on the ATW 57 back to Crewe

Full T&C's there aswell.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ivo

Established Member
Ah, plenty of extra mileage for the ol' compo then <D Just wish I could justify doing it First Class. Not to mention I'll have to give Arriva (or First) yet more of my hard-earned [or not] cash for the privilege of getting into LM territory in the first place <(

...£17, inclusive of a return from Temple Meads to Shrub Hill. Result :D

Last edited:

Mojo

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
No discounts on the advertised prices.

TsLeng

Looks very interesting indeed!

I think I am going for the 13th!

My plan is University>Worcester Foregate>Stourbridge Town(just to get a ride on the PPM)>Snowhill>New street>Liverpool limestreet>New street

I reckon should be doable in a day if I start early. Should give some sight seeing time too at Worcester and Liverpool:D

Established Member
Did one of these last time, its good fun I cleared the Bedford-Bletchly and the St Albans Abbey lines, shame the chance getting a 321 into london is low

Daimler

Established Member
Did one of these last time, its good fun I cleared the Bedford-Bletchly and the St Albans Abbey lines, shame the chance getting a 321 into london is low

Why? They're revolting! I let the train go and catch the next one if it's a 321, such is my hatred of them...

Ivo

Established Member
Why? They're revolting! I let the train go and catch the next one if it's a 321, such is my hatred of them...

Now this, I like <D I hate 321s as well. Skanky things. The closest EMUs are going to get to a Pacer in my book [not a good thing obviously!].

Anyway, the Great Escape. I've mapped out a route from Bristol TM to Bath Spa, taking in Worcester, Stourbridge (also just for a PPM return), Wolverhampton, Liverpool, Birkenhead (Merseyrail), the Midland Metro, Moor Street, Northampton, Watford Junction and (if I get lucky, I asked about this one last night) an LO 378. And then coming back via Didcot. Over 500mi. All in a day's work :D

Status
Not open for further replies.