• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

mad_rich

Just had a push notification from LNER. 10% Perks (up from 2%) for bookings until 3 May.

Obviously this applies to LNER journeys only (or journeys that include LNER, I think), but would stack with any LNER credit card cashback offers you have.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

800Travel

Just had a push notification from LNER. 10% Perks (up from 2%) for bookings until 3 May.

Obviously this applies to LNER journeys only (or journeys that include LNER, I think), but would stack with any LNER credit card cashback offers you have.
Thanks for flagging. Do you only earn perks on advance tickets purchased through LNER? Or if for example I purchased an off peak day single any permitted against an LNER train, would it automatically credit the perks after purchase please? I know it does for advances, just not sure for this as it could be used on Cross Country for example. Thanks

ServerHoster

Thanks for flagging. Do you only earn perks on advance tickets purchased through LNER? Or if for example I purchased an off peak day single any permitted against an LNER train, would it automatically credit the perks after purchase please? I know it does for advances, just not sure for this as it could be used on Cross Country for example. Thanks
I bought an off peak return last time and that was fine. Just needed to ensure I selected an LNER train although in reality I used Northern & TPE

Edvid

Established Member
More changes to the Uber 10% credit scheme...

Good news - it has been extended (again - how many times has it been now?) to 31 August 2024.

Bad news - the maximum wait for credits to arrive has risen from ten to SIXTY days!

bspahh

Established Member
MARCH24PAYDAY is a 20% discount voucher for Eurostar tickets from London

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/eu...rdam-rodderdam-ps3120-each-way-w-code-4318774 says:
Code MARCH24PAYDAY gives 20% off Eurostar fares for the travel dates between 15/04/2024 and 14/06/2024. Eurostar London to Brussels / Paris / Lille / Rotterdam / Amsterdam works out at £62.40 return with code on selected dates (£31.20 each way). Lead prices are mostly May and beginning of June dates, some weekend availability in June.

<snip>

Code terms

• The 20% discount code applies to Standard and Standard Premier tickets (one way or return) for travel between: • London St Pancras International - Paris Gare du Nord, • London St Pancras International - Lille Europe/Brussels-Midi/Zuid, and • Rotterdam Centraal/Amsterdam Centraal.
  • Discount code valid on bookings made between 09.00 GMT on 26/03/2024 and 23.00 GMT on 28/03/2024 inclusive (the “Booking Period”) for travel between 15/04/2024 and 14/06/2024 inclusive (the “Travel Period ”). Subject to availability. Availability varies according to dates and times.
  • The discount code will not be available against bookings for travel on the following dates: 03/05/2024, 06/05/2024, 08/05/2024, 11/05/2024, 12/05/2024, 20/05/2024, 24/05/2024, 25/05/2024, 27/05/2024, 01/06/2024
  • Only one discount code to be redeemed per booking. The code is to only be used by the recipient of the email containing the discount code. Once the discount code has been used by customers 10,000 times in total, the discount code will no longer be available.

AlterEgo

Veteran Member
(for the benefit of full disclosure, this promotion comes from a friend of mine who is a YouTuber and has partnered with trip.com to promote this deal - I’m surfacing it here as this is a superb deal you’ll be interested in, but I will receive no compensation for posting it myself)

SPECIAL OFFER - £1 UK RAIL CARDS

On Friday 29th March from 10am (GMT), get your UK Railcard for just £1! (Normally £30!)

Click here www.trip.com/t/sjFxYTGaKS1

But you better be quick as this offer is limited to the FIRST 100 NEW USERS ONLY! ️

After these have gone, you can still get 20% OFF any UK Railcard and 4% OFF ALL UK Train Tickets PLUS another bonus 5% OFF for new users

Use Code: RED008 for 20% off UK Railcards
Use Code: RED03 for new users to get 5% off ALL UK train tickets
Use Code: RED04 for existing users to get 2% off ALL UK train tickets

Last edited:

Buzby

Nothing really new in this promotion - the link requires the user to sign up on the Trip.Com app before you even get to this discounted ‘UK Railcard’. Considering there are over 20+ different types, a not one called a ‘UK Railcard’ (AFAICT) it doesn’t seem worth the hassle. Anyone up for free £50 from Temu? :D

Edvid

Established Member
The Greater Anglia Hare Fares (off-peak day return) offer is back again.

Price tiers - held since the offer was first introduced in January 2020 according to ianVisits - have risen by 20% on this occasion, so they're now £12 / £18 / £24 (and £6 for certain journeys outside London).

Booking window: 28 March - 12 April
Journey window: 2 April - 11 June (except 8 April, which is a strike day)

Tickets booked for days where strikes are subsequently announced can be used the day before/after.

bspahh

Established Member
The Greater Anglia Hare Fares (off-peak day return) offer is back again.

Price tiers - held since the offer was first introduced in January 2020 according to ianVisits - have risen by 20% on this occasion, so they're now £12 / £18 / £24 (and £6 for certain journeys outside London).

Booking window: 28 March - 12 April
Journey window: 2 April - 11 June (except 8 April, which is a strike day)

Tickets booked for days where strikes are subsequently announced can be used the day before/after.

Cambridge-Sheringham is £12 which is a bargain.

Ely-Norwich is now £12 and Norwich-Sheringham is £6, but there aren't any Ely-Sheringham tickets, just the £24.10 day return.

Is it OK to get a Cambridge-Sheringham ticket and join at Ely? Otherwise, it is cheaper to get an Ely-Cambridge return, and Cambridge-Sheringham return!

There weren't any Ely-Sheringham fares in 2022 either https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/hare-fares-ga.238175/post-5884462 However, then a Ely-Norwich ticket was £15 and Norwich-Sheringham was £10

Edvid

Established Member
Break of journey isn't permitted on Hare Fare tickets,* so you would have to double-back with your suggested combo.

[* Mentioned within the T&Cs on the Hare Fares page, but on their booking site it is merely implied by the lack of any BoJ section within the applicable ticket restrictions :| (said info is available for tickets that allow BoJ)]

winks

More changes to the Uber 10% credit scheme...

Good news - it has been extended (again - how many times has it been now?) to 31 August 2024.

Bad news - the maximum wait for credits to arrive has risen from ten to SIXTY days!
I received the extension email this morning. Good news that it covers most of my summer travel by train :)

I’d be surprised if you have to wait 60 days but we’ll see …most of mine have come through in 10 days which is fine.

Nunners

Am I right that this article / barely rewritten press release (that's appeared in loads of local news outlets) is just about tickets going on sale rather a sale on tickets? Doesn't really seem the best move to me to mislead people into thinking there's reductions but I guess I'm no genius PR expert https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/lner-launch-huge-summer-sale-28930957
Yes, it looks like it's just about tickets going on sale. This is a new low even for that type of news website. Rail Advent says:
To help passengers plan and book ahead for their journeys this summer, from tomorrow, Thursday, 4th April London North Eastern Railway will make hundreds of thousands of tickets available to buy for journeys up to and including Friday 6th September

northwichcat

Established Member
Advance tickets going on sale for the Christmas and New Year period does normally result in news stories. But school summer holidays? Won't most people travelling then want to pick the best weather days - something they won't know months in advance?

1D54

What is the point of this when there is a fair chance that some of these tickets sold so far in advance will be useless anyway because of industrial action.

Pemberton

There's a post on HotUKdeals regarding a £5 Costa egift card for app purchases on South Eastern Trains for ticket purchases over £10 before 23.59 p.m. on 22nd April, with the Costa voucher valid for use up to 25th April. It's one voucher per customer and available to new and existing customers. Add promotion code SECOSTA5 at checkout.

Last edited:

standish1

Northern have another £10.00 day ticket offer for the period May to July. Tokens in the usual Northern papers from next week.

Edvid

Established Member
There's a post on HotUKdeals regarding a £5 Costa egift card for app purchases on South Eastern Trains for ticket purchases over £10 before 23.59 p.m. on 22nd April, with the Costa voucher valid for use up to 25th April. It's one voucher per customer and available to new and existing customers. Add promotion code SECOSTA5 at checkout.
Only applicable to journeys within the Southeastern network, though.

gray1404

Established Member
Does the c. 3% cashback with TPE on Advance tickets with Quidco and Top Cash Back only apply if the journey is with TPE too?

Established Member
Not a rail offer admittedly, so I hope this is allowed. Stena Line are doing foot passenger singles for £10 on the Irish Sea routes until the end of the year if you book by the 19th March.

Only exclusions I could see are the night Liverpool-Belfast crossings.

Starmill

Veteran Member
Not a rail offer admittedly, so I hope this is allowed. Stena Line are doing foot passenger singles for £10 on the Irish Sea routes until the end of the year if you book by the 19th March.

It's definitely rail-adjacent at least as several Stena routes are relatively convenient for rail at one end or another.

bspahh

Established Member

The offer is here:
https://www.stenaline.co.uk/special-offers/foot-passenger-offer

Flash sale! Travel by foot to Ireland or Britain for only £10 single​

Right now, you can book a foot passenger fare between Ireland and Britain for only £10 single! That’s a fantastic saving on our standard fare, and means you can travel for even less. Whether you’re keen to visit family of friends or simply want an adventure, make sure to book now to get this special offer!

What’s the deal?​

• Foot passenger fares for £10 single, adult /child.
  • Book between 12-19 April 2024
  • Travel anytime between 14 April and 18 December 2024
  • Routes available are Cairnryan-Belfast, Liverpool-Belfast (AM sailings only), Holyhead-Dublin and Fishguard-Rosslare.

Last edited:

northwichcat

Established Member
Does the c. 3% cashback with TPE on Advance tickets with Quidco and Top Cash Back only apply if the journey is with TPE too?

There's no exclusion listed for tickets purchased through TPE for travel with another operator. So you should get it, but cashback is never guaranteed. If it doesn't appear on your account all you can do is raise a ticket and hope for a favourable response.

AY1975

Established Member
Northern also doing 50% off App first advance purchase too
Does this offer have a time limit, or is it a permanent thing or until further notice? I suspect one of the latter two as the Northern website doesn't appear to mention a cut-off date.
Tokens for the Northern £10 day ticket offer are in the Manchester Evening News from today.
And in the Sheffield Telegraph and The Star, although rather oddly Tuesday's edition of The Star didn't appear to have a token. I can only assume that that was an oversight or it was crowded out by another advert that would bring in more advertising revenue.

There were tokens in yesterday's and today's editions, though.

ExpressTrain

Money Saving Expert reporting that 20-25 year olds who open a current account with Santander can get a free 4 year railcard. Can’t have had a Santander current account since 9th April to qualify.

MrJeeves

Established Member
Money Saving Expert reporting that 20-25 year olds who open a current account with Santander can get a free 4 year railcard. Can’t have had a Santander current account since 9th April to qualify.
That's been the case for the last 10 years or so! :p