• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Special Offers Discussion

Puffing Devil

Established Member
Eurostar flash sale £35 e/w, select trains, 4/6/24 to 18/7/24. Some blackout dates in the T&Cs.

Paris, Lille, Brussels.

Sale ends 23:00 on 23 May.

(Text as Image)

1716298795310.png

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

gray1404

Established Member
Anyone any experience of using Barclaycard Cashback Rewards? They are currently offering me 8% off a purchase through LNER with no minimum spend or requirement for it to be a purchase for a travel on LNER.

Do I just book as normal or have to click a link through the site?

I once tried getting Barclays Cashback for a National Express spend but it didn't track. When I queried this they said it was because I'd gone through Top Cash Back.

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Anyone any experience of using Barclaycard Cashback Rewards? They are currently offering me 8% off a purchase through LNER with no minimum spend or requirement for it to be a purchase for a travel on LNER.

Do I just book as normal or have to click a link through the site?

I once tried getting Barclays Cashback for a National Express spend but it didn't track. When I queried this they said it was because I'd gone through Top Cash Back.
It seems to work for any journey (not just LNER ones) booked through the LNER app: I think it will also work if you use the website but I haven't tried that recently.

It may also be useful to know that cashback is paid on buying eVouchers - so my current routine is to buy eVouchers to cover a month's worth of commuting (so getting the cashback) and buy the actual tickets as required using the eVouchers. You can also stack Airtime on top to get an extra (for me) 5%.

gray1404

Established Member
It seems to work for any journey (not just LNER ones) booked through the LNER app: I think it will also work if you use the website but I haven't tried that recently.

It may also be useful to know that cashback is paid on buying eVouchers - so my current routine is to buy eVouchers to cover a month's worth of commuting (so getting the cashback) and buy the actual tickets as required using the eVouchers. You can also stack Airtime on top to get an extra (for me) 5%.
Thanks. I'll do that next... Just go straight to the LNER site directly and pay using my Barclaycard.

bspahh

Established Member
Deutsche Bahn has a Fan Bahncard which gives a 25% discount on their tickets
It costs €19.90 in 2nd class, €39.90 in 1st class and runs for 3 months, when it renews automatically for 1 year. If Germany wins the UEFA EURO 2024 football championship, the 12 month extension will be free.

What is the Fan BahnCard 25 and at what price can I get it during the promotional period?​

The Fan BahnCard 25 is a regular trial BahnCard 25 and therefore a Deutsche Bahn discount card. It is valid for 3 months and will then automatically renew for one year.
It entitles the holder to a BahnCard discount of 25% on the super saver, saver and flexible fares within Germany in the corresponding travel class.
During the promotional period, you can buy the Fan BahnCard 25 at the regular price of 19.90 euros in 2nd class and 39.90 euros in 1st class. In addition, the card will be extended for 1 year free of charge if the German national soccer team wins the tournament, regardless of any prior cancellation.