• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Specific trains/services you miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal_gee_man

Was that the Lewisham avoider ?

Yes, definitely miss the fast services from Ashford to Charing Cross.
I can remember the Dover Priory - Folkestone Central - Ashford - Tonbridge - London Bridge - Charing Cross services in about the hour or just over from Dover, the SEML certainly has the capacity to have them back running 100mph but I doubt the lack of rolling stock or the inclination from SE to run them after experiencing a 100mph dash between Headcorn and Ashford the other day and almost getting thrown from my seat because of how bad the rail conditions are and how soft the 375s run over uneven rail where they wallow and don't do so well

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
I can remember the Dover Priory - Folkestone Central - Ashford - Tonbridge - London Bridge - Charing Cross services in about the hour or just over from Dover, the SEML certainly has the capacity to have them back running 100mph but I doubt the rolling stock or the inclination after experiencing a 100mph dash between Headcorn and Ashford the other day and almost getting thrown from my seat because of how bad the rail conditions are and how soft the 375s run over uneven rail where they wallow and don't do so well

I did ashford - Tonbridge non-stop about four years ago. I didn't notice anything untoward, however I was sat down all the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.