• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Split ticketing TFL and C2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusader1234

Hello everyone,
not sure if this is the right forum and hopefully someone can help and advise on a split ticketing query I have on the following journey.

At present a Leigh on Sea return ticket to London Underground and DLR Zones 2-6 cost £18.40 a day, but since C2C have introduced the 10 x tickets season tickets purchase program it seems I could save some money by buying 10 x return tickets to Upminster = £114 + a weekly Zone 2 to 6 Tube fare of £42 a week ( I need to get off at Canary Wharf) and benefit from collecting the new 1 point per £1 spend on the C2C account using smart season tickets? I could save more money with a touch and go but since I am on the train I can't touch in on my journey past Upminster to Canary Wharf?

not sure if it makes sense so far?

any advise is much appreciated,

PS: it seems that a journey from Leigh On Sea to Emerson Park ( past Upminster ) is even cheaper but its only available on a daily ticket purchase priced at £10.30 - not why that choice is cheaper it may be a fare error on the ticket system.

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Romilly

Established Member
From what I can see, if you buy a 10-days flexi-season on your C2C smartcard you need to touch in and out the beginning and end of every journey that you want to be covered by a day's validity of the flexi-season. So if you bought a flexi-season for Leigh-on-Sea to Upminster, you would have to get off at Upminster to touch out there (and then touch in with your Zones 2-6 travelcard).

bb21

Emeritus Moderator
My interpretation is that once the ticket is activated, the correct fare for the day is deducted, so further touches do not have any material impact on fare paid.

For that reason, I would like to think that once the ticket is activated at the beginning of the day, lack of further touches should not land anyone in trouble, however I really cannot say for sure, as it is such a new product and concept, so I doubt anyone outside c2c really knows.

PeterC

Established Member
My interpretation is that once the ticket is activated, the correct fare for the day is deducted, so further touches do not have any material impact on fare paid.

For that reason, I would like to think that once the ticket is activated at the beginning of the day, lack of further touches should not land anyone in trouble, however I really cannot say for sure, as it is such a new product and concept, so I doubt anyone outside c2c really knows.
Mine was much the same but they suggest that if you have other tickets on the card as well then failure to touch out could result in the wrong ticket being used.

I had a look at the Emerson Park fares and something seems wrong. The single and offpeak fares are the same as for Upminster but an anytome return is cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.