• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Spotting banned at Manchester Piccadilly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D6975

Established Member
Doctor Death

Is he still about? I haven't seen him in years, or Preedy plus the Bag Carrier either. Jed is common. He's been wearing that overcoat for 30+ years. It wasn't always as black-looking as it is now. The duct tape is a relatively modern addition though.

Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Is he still about? I haven't seen him in years, or Preedy plus the Bag Carrier either. Jed is common. He's been wearing that overcoat for 30+ years. It wasn't always as black-looking as it is now. The duct tape is a relatively modern addition though.

Doctor Death was still around as late as 2013 as there is a video of him at Goodrington Sands which is found here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9nZCIoa8Kw

Never heard of Preedy, Bag Carrier or Jed - do you have a picture as a google search shows up nothing

On Moderation
Is he still about? I haven't seen him in years,.

A work colleague gave him a 'greeting' a couple of weeks ago when passing over the sea wall at Dawlish

or Preedy plus the Bag Carrier either

Bag carrier = Ron ?
Last I heard (about 12 months ago), both alive but a lot older than they were 30 years ago.

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator

Yep still around as of the last 12 months, poor bloke, 40 years of being bellowed at now I reckon.

anthony263

Established Member
Was allowed to wander round the station yesterday yesterday morning after I left my hotel.

Found the staff I met to be very freindly

83G/84D

Established Member
Yep still around as of the last 12 months, poor bloke, 40 years of being bellowed at now I reckon.

Agree, if fellow enthusiasts were to stop and chat to him in a civilized manner rather than constantly shout and hurl insults at him the stations of Devon (and elsewhere) they would be better places.

They might even find out that he can be a pleasant chap to talk to.

The amount of stick he gets from others is unbelievable and un-necessary imo.

Last edited:

Harbornite

Established Member

Agree, if fellow enthusiasts were to stop and chat to him in a civilized manner rather than constantly shout and hurl insults at him the stations of Devon (and elsewhere) they would be better places.

They might even find out that he can be a pleasant chap to talk to.

The amount of stick he gets from others is unbelievable and un-necessary imo.

What a bunch of sad, square losers, they should focus more on trains than other spotters.

fowler9

Established Member
I would ban it from the entire country. They are a public nuisance, I struggle to think of many sections of society that cause more trouble. Standing on stations watching what goes past, finding their way around the country on public transport. Scum. Simple as.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
I would ban it from the entire country. They are a public nuisance, I struggle to think of many sections of society that cause more trouble. Standing on stations watching what goes past, finding their way around the country on public transport. Scum. Simple as.

I presume that is sarcasm

Master29

Established Member

Why not bring back the birch for them, as they must be up there with Peter Sutcliffe, Harold Shipman and Myra Hindley in your view.

HMS Ark Royal

Established Member
Why not bring back the birch for them, as they must be up there with Peter Sutcliffe, Harold Shipman and Myra Hindley in your view.

Either fowler has been hacked or I suspect he is, what I understand the phrasing to be, "trolling" us.

Otherwise, why would he be on a site dedicated to Railways?

theblackwatch

Established Member
I think it's time this thread was put to bed. You are still allowed to cop a unit for sight at Manchester Picc, the spotting police won't disallow it.

fowler9

Established Member
I laughed. But were you actually serious? ;)

Ha ha, I swear I wasn't serious. I grew up trainspotting, it helped me learn to find my way around the country using public transport which some people seem to find terrifying. Once I really started bashing then I really found my feet. I don't really do it any more, I still dart off for a day out on the train but the train isn't the soul purpose of the trip any more (Apart from my Cumbrian Coast jaunts and the like). It should be encouraged, even the biggest cranks out there on the railways are pretty harmless compared to some people I have met at the football or watching Death Metal gigs.

Status
Not open for further replies.