• Our booking engine at tickets.railforums.co.uk (powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

St pancras - London bridge during Thameslink work

Status
Not open for further replies.

muug1982

I'm currently on a EMT service to St Pancras. I have a season + Luton airport parkway tovlondin Thameslink anytime day return.

My final destination is London Bridge, normally I could change to Thameslink at St Pancras. Can I use the underground on my national rail ticket as there are no TL trains to London Bridge. The Thameslink site implies that NR tickets cannot be used on the underground at st pancras or Farringdon.

------

Ticketing and travel

From 5 January 2015 until January 2018

National Rail tickets tickets will be accepted on certain routes on London Overground, Thameslink, Southern, Southeastern, South West Trains, London Underground, Tramlink, DLR and London Buses.
Passengers with valid National Rail season and day tickets will be able to use Transport for London services from the following stations only: Blackfriars, Elephant & Castle, London Bridge, Cannon Street, Waterloo, Embankment, Charing Cross, Southwark. Tickets will have to be shown to staff at ticket barriers

Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

James Wake

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Unless the ticket is routed "Thameslink only" (or "FCC only", depending on when it was purchased) or "Not Underground", it can be used on LU between West Hampstead/Kentish Town and King's Cross St. Pancras/Farringdon/Blackfriars/London Bridge/Elephant & Castle anyway, as it's an interavailable route.

theageofthetra

On Moderation
Where do you work at London Bridge? If you exit the newish south entrance of Blackfriars its less than 10 mins walk to the station. If you are to the west of Borough high St then even less.

Bald Rick

Veteran Member
Only if you are on roller skates. It takes me 15 minutes, and nobody overtakes me...

lightbulb

I'm currently on a EMT service to St Pancras. I have a season + Luton airport parkway tovlondin Thameslink anytime day return.

My final destination is London Bridge, normally I could change to Thameslink at St Pancras. Can I use the underground on my national rail ticket as there are no TL trains to London Bridge. The Thameslink site implies that NR tickets cannot be used on the underground at st pancras or Farringdon.

------

Ticketing and travel

From 5 January 2015 until January 2018

National Rail tickets tickets will be accepted on certain routes on London Overground, Thameslink, Southern, Southeastern, South West Trains, London Underground, Tramlink, DLR and London Buses.
Passengers with valid National Rail season and day tickets will be able to use Transport for London services from the following stations only: Blackfriars, Elephant & Castle, London Bridge, Cannon Street, Waterloo, Embankment, Charing Cross, Southwark. Tickets will have to be shown to staff at ticket barriers

Are tickets to London Thameslink (for travel to London Bridge from the north) allowed to be used on TfL services to the stations listed above?

Status
Not open for further replies.